Chapter 19

Brittany’s POV

Monday morning came around and as soon as I stepped one foot into my school I began my search. Today’s the day that I’m going to find my new sidekicks. Now that Rachael and Savannah have officially joined forces with Alexwhore, I have to find people to replace them, and fast. The longer I go without a posse of followers, the less popular I become, and I cannot let that happen. After all that I’ve done to be at the top there’s no way in hell that I’m going to just let it all go. No freakin way.

Walking over to the message board by the front desk, I rip down the irrelevant chart for high school student government meetings and replace it with my oh-so-important poster designed by yours truly.

ATTENTION FEMALE STUDENTS

OF

ROSEWOOD HIGH- Are you tired of being considered a loser? Have you ever dreamed about being beautiful, popular, or even both? Well your prayers have been answered! I, Brittany Sharpe, am making it my duty to help you. You and the other misfits of this school must meet up with me in the café as soon as the last bell rings. The only way for you to participate in this life-changing offer is if you enter the audition that I’m going to be hosting. Passing this audition with automatically place you into my prestigious clique ‘The Barbies’ which comes with many perks; you’ll be invited to the best parties, you can sit at our official lunch table, you may look at me for more than 10 seconds, we can share some type of friendship, and you’ll have access to hang out with both the cheerleaders and the jocks. If you happen to fail, then your chances of qualifying for my offer are gone, meaning that I will not help you become popular or beautiful and you will stay at the bottom of Rosewood High’s social pyramid. If you wish to audition, write your name on the sign-up sheet and come to the café right after 10th period. Hurry because ‘The Barbies’ only have three spots open!-Brittany Sharpe”

I re-adjust my poster to make sure it looks absolutely perfect. Once I’m content with the way it is I begin walking to class. As I strut down the hallway I slightly turn my head just enough to get a glimpse of my poster. You’re probably thinking my idea is stupid and that it isn’t gonna work, but you’re dead wrong. About 8 girls are already crowding each other, all of them hurrying to sign their names on the list. When will you accept the fact that I always know what I’m doing!

Standing right outside of the doorway to the Science room I see Rachael and Savannah smiling, laughing, and just having a great time with the one and only girl that keeps messing up everything for me: Alexa.  Just thinking about her name makes me sick. That girl has literally taken so much from me! She stole Harry, just finished stealing my two ex-bestfriends, and now she’s attempting to steal my popularity. I mean, seriously, when did our classmates ever start wanting to talk to her? And the really bad thing is instead of insulting her like they used to they’re complimenting her, like legit compliments. ‘I love your hair! It’s so curly!’ ‘Can you help me with this question? You’re really good at this stuff!’ ‘Wow I never knew how nice you are!’ and other stuff like that. But what I just heard is going wayyy past the goddamn line.

“I’m glad Harry chose you. You make him so much happier than Brittany did!”

I tried not to lose my temper, I really did, but it still happened. Slamming the door against the wall, I stomp my way into the classroom. A bunch of eyes are nervously staring at me but I couldn’t care less. These bitches are about to get a piece of my mind.

“Here’s the truth for everyone that believes what that stupid little dipshit just said. Harry didn’t choose Alexa. That whore stole him from me! There’s a huge fucking difference!” I shout.