Chapter 35

​Harry’s POV

All throughout the lunch hour Liam and I kept smirking at each other. Alexa was obviously annoyed by this, meaning that my plan is working. The more I look at Liam and ignore her, the more she thinks I forgot her birthday. Then when I bring her back home, she’ll be absolutely baffled that this whole time I remembered her birthday all along!

My plan was to completely ignore Lexa until we got back to her house, but it changed slightly once I saw her facial expression. Even though she told me that she was fine, I could clearly tell that something was wrong. I’m really curious as to what happened early today and why she’s in such a pissy mood. My acts of ignoring her aren’t what’s troubling her, or is it? I really hope not cos this plan is meant to make her even more excited once she gets to her party. Twisted logic, I know, but that’s just how I am.

The bell rang and in a few minutes seventh period would start. Loads of students began to leave the café. Some of my friends were among the crowd. One person stood out to me though, so I quickly made my way over to them before they could leave the room.

“Hey Abi, do you know what’s up with Alexa? She seems a bit agitated.” I figured since they’re siblings that she would at least know something.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with her as a whole, but what I do know is that you are playing a part in her annoying day by ignoring her. What’s that about?”

“Aw man, that sucks. I didn’t think I was ignoring her. If I did, I didn’t mean to.” I scratch the back of my neck for more effect on making it seem as if I had no idea. Oh trust me; I’m very aware that I ignored her. I just can’t let Abi know that or she’ll continue patronizing me and somehow I’ll end up telling her about their surprise birthday party. It wouldn’t be much of a surprise if one of the two people already knew about it, now would it? I’ll take all precautions needed to keep either one of them from finding out.

“Look, I have to hurry to Chemistry or Mrs.Wolfe will kill me for being late a third time.” I quickly dismiss myself before Abi can ask any more questions.

As I enter the science room, I see the lads siting at our usual lab table. The boys and I have science in the afternoon while the girls have it in the morning. This comes in handy since we’re going to be talking about the party for this whole period. Mostly everyone in this classroom has already taken three years of science, so Mrs.Wolfe lets us chill out and relax a bit.

Taking a random chair from an unused desk, I bring it over to table with my friends. Liam and Zayn scoot over from each other so I can sit between them.

Liam, being the organized neat-freak that he is, takes out his notebook which is labeled ‘Payno’s Top Secrets’ and lays it on the countertop. He flips through a few pages, most of them are either journal entries or sketches of batman, and finally finds what he’s looking for. On the top of the page it has the words ‘The Evans Twins Birthday Celebration’ in nice cursive letters. It is a list of all the things that should be put in place before tonight.

“Louis, are you sure that the girls are going straight back to El’s house as soon as school is over?” Louis nods his head and Liam places a checkmark next to something on his list.

“About the playlist you’re making for tonight, Zayn. How’s that going so far?” Zayn begins telling us how the playlist is very upbeat and how he threw in a few Justin Bieber tracks for the twins’ benefit.

“I just remembered something. Snacks! Alexa will be so disappointed in me if there are no snacks.” I say. I’m not even exaggerating. One time I promised her a pack of craisins, but then I forgot to bring them. She ignored me for a full three days. All because I didn’t bring her some food.