Chapter 34

Alexa’s POV

“Wakey wakey birthday girls!” Eleanor shrieks as she lightly taps Abi’s and my cheeks, urging us to get up. Alli and Perrie are blowing the crap out of their party horns and let me tell you, that thing is just as loud and obnoxious as an alarm clock! Who knew such a small object could be so boisterous?

“Nooo, just a few more minutes.” I mumble into the pillow. Clutching the sheets, I pull them closer to me and snuggle in them. Ahh, precious sleep, come to mama.

“Fine, go back to sleep. I guess you guys don’t want to see your boyfriends who just so happen to be downstairs in my living room waiting for you right this second.” El says as she starts to walk away.

“Really?” Abi and I instantly shoot up, eagerly waiting for an answer. “Obviously not! Now get your asses up and take a shower cuz we don’t have any time to waste.” She replies. Wow. How kind of you to get me all excited for nothing, Eleanor. I still love ya though.

She does have a point; we don’t have any time to waste. It’s our birthday today, so Abi and I have to look extra good. Trust me, we’re going to need as much time as we can get to look just right. That means our hair, make up, and outfit must be in tip-top shape, no exceptions what-so-ever. Yeah, the girls have taught me that your appearance on your birthday is one of the most crucial things that must be done perfectly.

Not wanting to take any chances on going to school looking like ‘who did it and ran’, I get up from my comfy spot on the bed and grab my essentials. Picking up all the things I’ll need for this morning, I head to the bathroom and begin my routine. First I take a shower, proceeding to wash my hair and shave my legs. Grabbing a towel, I quickly dry my body before I wrap it around my head. My clothes lay neatly on the countertop, so I begin putting them on starting with my undergarments. Sliding into my beige leggings, I then pull on my green, brown, and tan sheer Paris square print tunic which almost went to mid-thigh length. I really like this shirt because it’s loose-fitting and it has a boho kind of feel. As I take my towel off of my head to let my hair air dry into its natural curls, I slip my feet into the olive-green flats I brought with me. Now comes my favorite part, jewelry! I put on my large gold pyramid earrings and my gold cross ring that fits onto both, my middle and ring finger.

Before I exit the bathroom, I make sure that everything is put back neatly into its place. Once it’s clean, I go back to El’s room. I pick up the brown Michael Kors tote bag that Mya bought me, perks of her being a model, and make sure that I have everything. Wallet? Check. Phone? Check? Snacks? I have a bag of chips, a granola bar, applesauce, and two packs of craisins. Craisins are God’s gift to earth. They’re dried cranberries and they taste absolutely delicious. I could eat them all day every day for the rest of my life. Ok, let’s not get side-tracked by food, Alexa, my subconscious reverts me back to what I need to be doing, and that’s getting ready for school.

I go downstairs to the kitchen to get breakfast. As I enter the room, the girls begin singing the Happy Birthday song to Abi and me, causing both of us to smile brightly. On the table are two blueberry muffins with a single candle on each one. My sister grabs one while I grab the other. Taking out my phone, I click on the Facebook app and go to my timeline. Scrolling down my page, I like all of the ‘Happy Birthday’ posts from my friends back in New York. Some posted really long and sappy messages while others posted collages that were filled with tons of photos of us together. My heart warmed a bit as I read each thing from my friends across the country. I truly do miss New York. That’s why after graduation I plan on moving back there.

Sadly, I end up taking the last bite of my muffin. I have a feeling that I’m going to need to eat something else before first period even starts, so it’s a good thing my purse is filled with snacks.