Chapter 8

8

Emma

I've been beyond stressed all weekend. My mind has been on nothing except for how I'm going to reject Soran and my fight with Vicca. I just don't know what I'm going to do. I want to apologize to Vicca, but I don't know how to approach her about it.

Note to self: Don't ever get in a fight with your best friend. Worst feeling ever.

I've been in my room the entire time, not speaking and hardly ever coming downstairs. I've hardly eaten. I've hardly slept. I can't do much of anything without stressing myself out.

"Emma?" I slowly looked up to see my mom standing at my door. "You have a visitor." She stepped aside and Kester stepped in.

"Hey, Ems," He greeted as he stepped in to the room as my mom let us have some privacy. "How you feeling?" I remained silent.

"Okay, still not talking." He muttered. "I will fix that. You and I are going out."

I raised an eyebrow at that. "Not like that. Just come with me. I promise you'll like it." I sighed to myself and slowly followed him from the room.

"I'm taking Emma out into the fresh air!" Kester called over to my mom and dad, who were sitting on the couch.

"Be safe, guys." Mom said to us as dad studied us closely. We left my house and began walking towards the pack house.

"Emma, have you noticed that you've been skipping classes?" He suddenly asked to clear the silence between us. I kept silent. "I have. You're unintentionally skipping the first part of your fifth hour class because of Soran. The teacher is starting to fail you because of that." I felt mild anger coursing through me. It's not my fault that I'm late.

"So, we're going to get back at Mr. Brax." I carefully met his gaze. "We're sneaking in to the school and we're going to get him back."

A smirk formed on my lips. "What's the plan?"

~~~~

Holy shit, we're gonna get in so much trouble if he finds out that it was us. We could get suspended. Hell, we might get expelled. Okay, we might not have done that much damage, but I'm certain he already doesn't like me, so he'll try to blame it all on me and make my punishment worse.

"You sure we won't get caught?" I asked for the millionth time.

"Positive." He said as he placed the last spray can in the large trash bag he brought. "There's no trace of us. Just give me your gloves and let me do the rest." I gave a soft sigh and handed him the gloves.

"Keep your mask on." He said as I started taking it off. "The cameras are still on. Sure, it's dark, and they don't have sound, but they can still record. We don't want to get caught."

"Right, yeah." I nodded.

"He'll see this tomorrow." Kester nodded to himself. "It's not going to be a fun Monday for him, or anyone else." To keep the blame from being put on us, mainly me, we hit a few random rooms. Neither of us had the classrooms.

"Feeling better?" He asked as we left the school the way we came in. How he got copies of the keys, I'll never know.

I chuckled. "Much. This was a lot of fun. Thanks, Kes. Can we go get coffee?"

"At this hour?" I checked my phone, seeing it was half an hour until midnight.

"There are places open." I noted. "Besides, I'm starving."

"Fine, fine." We jogged out of the school parking lot to head to a place to eat. "I just hope your parents don't get mad at me for keeping you out."