Chapter 13

Damn it, guys!! I'm so sorry for not posting AGAIN!! As an apology, I will post this chapter, and the chapter I am supposed to be posting Wednesday, tonight. Also, I am having some difficulties with my cover. For those who didn't see my message, I had someone make me a new cover for a different book. SOMEHOW, it went on the new story AND "Not Even In Your Dreams, Alpha." So, I am trying to reach out to the person who made the cover for NEIYDA, but I haven't heard back from them yet. So, if anyone knows putyopawsup, please give them a holler!

Anyway... on with the story!

13

Emma

"IT'S AN AMBUSH!!"

I was suddenly jarred from my intense math problem and gasped. Gaven's in trouble! "I have to go!" I leaped up from my desk, grabbed everything I could in two seconds, then raced out of the room, ignoring the teacher who tried to get me to stop. I raced down the hall, shoving my things in my bag as fast as I could.

Once I got outside to the back of the school, I tossed my bag behind the dumpster. Next went my clothes and I stuffed them in my bag on top. I shook out my body real quick, then shifted, racing off into the forest. I was soon joined by every Wolf from the Lynspack racing out of the school. I took the lead, bringing us as fast as we could to our Alpha, who desperately needed our help.

When we got to the clearing, I took a quick scan of the situation. Rogues were fighting our warriors. Three of them were leaving the field. Two of them were trying to support a Wolf, another holding something in their arms.

I quickly focused back on the battle and lunged for the closest Rouge, bringing him down and dragging his face in the dirt. He snarled at me and tried to break free, but that only caused my teeth to dig further into his neck, making me puncture his airways. I let go of him, watched him struggle to breathe, then raced off to get another Rogue.

The battle was relatively short, given the fact that another fifty had suddenly joined the warriors in the field. We had killed off the weaker links and severely injured the stronger Rogues, hoping to get some information out of them. I stood tall over the pack as I watched some of the warriors gather the dead Rogues in a pile to burn while the other half gathered out the wounded ones to hold in the dungeon.

"I want answers." I spoke out to the pack. "Any information would be greatly appreciated. Who knows what happened?"

"All we know is that Alpha Gaven and his mate were in the clearing when he called for us." A warrior said as he jogged over to me. "We gathered as quickly as possible. When we got here, Alpha Gaven was severely beaten and bloody from fending off the nearly three dozen Rogues. They seemed to be taunting him as he stood over his mate."

I growled. "They will all pay for what they did. Get this mess cleaned up. I'm going to go check on our Alpha." They all nodded to me and began doing as I asked. I sprinted off into the forest towards the pack house, faster than I've ever gone before.

Once I reached the tree lines, I found the basket of clothes and threw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. The second I was clothed, I raced inside and to the infirmary. Just as I was starting to open the door, it was slammed shut.

"Beta Emma, I'm sorry, but you are not allowed in there." A pack doctor said as he tried to guide me away from the infirmary.

"And why the hell not?!" I snarled as I fought to get past him. "He's my Alpha! My best friend! I have to see and make sure he and Emily are alright!"