Chapter 33

33

Emma

"So, how's our new member fairing with everything?" Gaven asked around a bite of food.

I rolled my eyes. "She's doing well. She's no longer in public school, for obvious reason, and is in online schooling. She's still trying to get used to everything at my place. But other than that, she's doing well."

"It was real nice of your dad to help change her appearance." Kester said. "Maybe one day she can be her real self again and not hiding from the world. Now can you tell me why she had to do this?"

I shook my head. "When she's ready to tell you, she will. Of course, I want her to be comfortable with my home life before I show her the pack. I don't want the girl to be hit with everything all at once. Besides, once you two do start hitting it off, you have to tell her."

Kester sighed heavily. "I know I do... It'll be hard. Real hard."

"Not as hard as you'd think." Gaven pointed out.

"This isn't like you and Emily!" Kester growled at Gaven. "This is completely different! You two have been together for almost a year! I just met Kathrine! There is no way I'd be able to keep this from her for so long!"

"Jeez, chill dude." Gaven shook his head. "I was trying to give some advice, but I guess I won't now."

"No, wait please!" Kester grabbed his arm. "You gotta tell me now! You're mates with a human! You gotta tell me so I know what to do!"

"No, it's too late now." The bell to end lunch rang. "Maybe later."

"Gaven, not fair!" Kester whined as we packed our things up. "Please, man! You have to tell me! I need to know now! Please!"

"Maybe later." Gaven started walking and Kester ran after him. I rolled my eyes and followed after them.

"Not cool, man!" Kester complained the whole way to class about how unfair Gaven was being and that he should just tell him what to do. I simply shook my head at the pair and sighed.

I suddenly remembered something. "Hey, Gaven."

"Yeah?" We stopped before my class.

"I know it's not my business, but..." I bit my lip and glanced around a bit for people eavesdropping on us. "Do we... have an official Luna yet?"

"Of course we do!" He crossed his arms. "Emily and I mated when we were in the clearing and I told her-" He cut himself off.

"Gaven?" Kester waved a hand in front of his face. "Hello? You in there?"

"I never got the chance to..." He barely whispered. "The Rogues had attacked before I had the chance to."

"Well, you might wanna fix that." I said just before I went into the class. I glanced around and did an internal happy dance when I saw Soran's old seat still empty.

I sat at my desk and got my things out. I couldn't believe Soran had been gone for so long. Is he going crazy not seeing me? Talking to me? I hope not. I don't want to deal with him. Yeah, I might have agreed to be his Luna in the future, but things could change...

"Ah, welcome back, Mr. Sentres." My blood froze in my veins. No... I kept my head down. This is a dream this is a dream this is a dream this is a dream this is a dream this is a-

"We have a new seating chart." No... please no... "You're to be sitting next to Miss Kutcher.

God fucking damn it!!! I buried my face in my things for the class, begging for this to be some cruel joke; that it wasn't real. I'm asleep. Yeah, that's it. I fell asleep before class started and this is all a bad dream. Yeah! That's it! I just have to pinch my arm to wake up!