Chapter 24

24

Emma

"It's time for dinner." I looked up from the book I was reading to see Soran standing at my door. Doesn't he know how to knock?

"Alright, I'm coming." I placed a book mark at my spot and set the book on the night stand. I stood and followed him to wherever the kitchen is. It would take me months to learn the layout of this place. Good thing I'm only here for a month.

After getting lost and not caring about where we were going, we made it to the kitchen. The most heavenly scent drifted up my nose and I nearly melted into a puddle. What in the world is that smell?

"I take it you like the smell of my mother's Italian pork roast?" I jumped at the voice, forgetting that Soran brought me here.

"Yeah, whatever." I shrugged. "It's just food." Holy hell, I almost spit out my saliva, that's how bad my mouth is watering. Soran rolled his eyes and brought me to a table. He sat me on the left side of the head of it and he took the head. When I looked down the table, I saw many people and Soran's father and who I assumed to be his mother at the other end of the table.

Alazara and Soran's Beta sat across from me. Alazara waved and I waved back. I'm guessing the guy next to her on Soran's right must be Lexton, her mate. Nice to have a name to the face.

Just as every one got settled, people came pouring out from the double doors leading to the kitchen. They were on roller skates, serving people at each of the seven tables, each one holding maybe twenty people. Something's telling me that this isn't his entire pack... I know he has more than one hundred-forty people. That number is only a fraction of his warrior numbers!

A plate was set down neatly in front of me from my left and a drink set in its place from my right. At the exact same time. I looked up to see two different people skate off, one setting down plates and the other glasses of various drinks. How did they not crash into each other?

I shrugged it off, enjoying the "dinner and a show." Just as I was about to take a bite, heels stopped behind my chair and someone cleared their voice. "Um, excuse you, but what are you doing in my spot?"

I took the bite, held back the moan that threatened to escape at how good it was, swallowed, then turned to face the person who spoke. "You talking to me?"

The woman behind me scoffed, flipping her jet black hair. "Yes, I'm talking to you. You're in my spot."

"And you are...?" I trailed off and waved my hand for her to continue.

Her nostrils flared. "Katie, the one who is going to marry Soran and be Luna of the pack." I faintly heard Soran groan. I saw from the corner of my eyes him cover his with a hand.

Okay, time to have some fun. "I don't see a name, so this can't be your place." A few people snickered. "Unless you..."

"What?" She snapped. "Unless I what?"

"Unless you urinated on the chair to claim it." Her face paled as her cheeks grew a bright red. "If that's the case, Lexton, right? Trade me chairs. I don't want it."

"Ew, gross!" I swear Soran nearly spit his drink up from his nose as Lexton wrinkled his at me. "Why would I want to sit in that?"

"I-I didn't!" Katie flustered and and glanced around the room. No doubt people were watching.

"I hope so..." I mumbled to myself. " 'Cause if so, then this thing has to be cleaned and sanitized from your unholy bitchiness and cooties." I think that was Soran's mother who burst into laughter and was quickly shushed.