Today Was A Little Different

- no p.o.v-
Mikey woke up at 5 am as usual. He cooked his brothers pancakes and bacon and went to take a green tea to Splinter. Mikey knocked on the door.
"Sensei? May I come in?" He spoke softly in case his father was asleep.
"You may, Michelangelo" His voice soothing.
Mikey shuffled into the room and set the tea on the table.
"Just the way you like it!" Mikey gave his signature grin making Splinter show a soft smile.
Mikey bowed then sluggishly walked back to his room. He flopped on his bed with his hand and foot slipping off the side and snored loudly.

Leo woke up an hour after Mikey and knocked on all his brothers doors to wake them up.
"Guys come on wake up!" Leo said whilst he knocked on Donnie's door.
"I'm up, I'm up." Donnie slumped towards the door and opened it to see Leo's bright smile.
"Coffee. Now." Donnie shuffled past Leo towards the kitchen as Leo shook his head whilst laughing to himself.
Leo knocked three times on Raph's door, as he knows any more would cause him pain, then he moved to Mikey's.
"Come on Mikey, get up" Leo softly knocked which got him a large grunt in reply.
"Mikey we are not having another day like this, up now!" Leo knocked loudly. He was about to knock again before a strong hand grabbed his shoulder.
"Leave this to me, fearless. You get breakfast" Raph pushed Leo lightly towards the kitchen. He shrugged then went to join Donnie.
Raph stood at Mikey's door with his arms crossed. He kicked the door harshly a few times before it sprung open. Without saying a word, Raph walked over to Mikey's bed and grabbed his foot. He started to drag him out of his room until he felt a resistance against him. Mikey was clinging to the door frame with all his might.
"I'm not going anywhere!" Mikey muffled.
"You are going to sit and eat with us then you are going to train with us. We do this every morning, Mikey!" Raph was fuming now and as soon as Mikey shook his head 'no' he gave up. He threw Mikey's leg to the floor in a fit of anger. This earned a large yelp from Mikey as Raph huffed off to eat his breakfast.
Mikey looked at his foot to realise Raph had broken his favourite toe out of the stinky triplets. His eyes started to tear up as he hobbled to Donnie's lab to get his first aid kit.
Before he could get there, there was a large shout from Donnie:
"Don't you dare go in my lab, Mikey!"
"But D, I kinda need to because-" Donnie cut him off.
"I don't care whether you need to or you don't, you do not go in my lab without my permission! Understood?" Donnie looked as mad as Raph but slightly less.
"Yeah sure D, whatever you say." Mikey looked really defensive and the only one to pick up on it was Leo.
"Mikey, what's wrong? You don't normally give into Donnie," Mikey looked down and Leo followed his sight path. He saw Mikey's broken toe; it was bruised, and swollen badly. "Mikey, what happened to your toe?" Leo started to stand.
"Well maybe you should ask hothead over there." Mikey mumbled but they all heard him.
"What do you mean, hothead?" Raph shouted at him. "And how should I know what happened to your stupid toe?"
"Because you're the one who broke it!" Mikey shouted back. Mikey never shouted.
Donnie stepped in, "okay guys lets stop arguing," he turned to Mikey "I'll fix up your toe in an instant, no worries." He gave his gap-tooth smile in hopes Mikey would return it but he just shrugged and hobbled off to the dojo.
After he had gone, Leo turned to Raph.
"What did you do to him? He asked harshly.
"Nothing" Raph shrugged him off and stuffed half a pancake in his mouth.
"What d'ya mean nothing! You're the one to see him first this morning and he hasn't acted like this before so tell me what the heck you did to hi-"
"Hajime!" Master Splinter cut Leo off as he entered the room. "What is going on here?"
All the remaining turtles tried to speak at the same time, but Splinter didn't understand a word.
"My sons, one at a time" His strong accent somehow soothed each of the turtles and they agreed to speak in turn.
"Well ya see," Raph started. "After Leo woke me up he went to wake up Mikey and he didn't reply so I told Leo to go eat and I would get Mikey. I knocked on his door politely and after he refused I went in and shook him awake and he came out, but he accidentally stubbed his toe on the door frame." Splinter could tell he was lying through his teeth and Leo was suspicious, but they both acted normally.
"I see, please continue." Splinter nodded at Donnie.
"Raph sits with us then out of the corner of my eye I see Mikey sneaking into my lab. I tell him not to go in there without my permission and he tries to say he needs to but I'm sure he didn't and knowing Mikey he would've tripped over a wire and knocked something over and-" Leo cut him off.
"Donnie you're rambling again," Donnie gave an apologetic look as Leo decided to continue the story. "After Donnie says no, Mikey acts all defensive and just says okay. We've never seen Mikey give into one of us so I asked him what was wrong until I saw his toe. I asked what happened and he said to ask Raph-"
"Ahem, he used the word hothead!" Raph butted in. Leo rolled his eyes and continued,
"Raph said he didn't know and Mikey had an outburst, which again we'd never seen. Donnie offered to fix his toe but Mikey turned him down and went into the dojo." As Leo finished, the turtles looked at each other; satisfied with their story and how they missed some bits out to help one another.
"I see, however that is not what Michelangelo told me." He looked at his sons sternly. "He came into the dojo crying and told me the whole story! I expect Donatello and Raphael to apologise to him immediately, after Leonardo has calmed him down." Splinter stood there waiting for his sons to move.
"Hai, Sensei" Came the ashamed response. They all stood up and walked to the dojo. As soon as Splinter was out of earshot, Raph had a fit.
"I am not apologising to that goofball! He deserved what he got and he shouldn't be sneaking into places he knows he shouldn't go!" He threw his arms in exasperation as Donnie joined in.
"Yeah, he knows not to go into my lab! I even offered to help him but he turned me down!"
"He did not deserve a broken toe!" Leo pointed at Raph in anger before he turned on his heel. "I am going to talk to my little brother and help him out as the two of you can't even be there for him!" He stomped off to the dojo.
Raph and Donnie reluctantly followed not knowing that their baby brother could hear every word through the paper walls of the dojo.