Chapter 5: What Do I Do?

I was sitting in my 3rd period class when my phone started going crazy. Usually around this time, one of my... let's just say one of my many girls, text me to try and get me to skip. Depending on how I feel that day depends on if they get answers to their texts or not, or who it is. My heart skipped in excitement, though, when I saw Dinah's contact name pop up on my phone screen.

From - D.J Knowles: Y/N!!??

From - D.J Knowles: Come on!

From - D.J Knowles: ANSWER ME!!!

From - D.J Knowles: :( please

From - D.J Knowles: I wanna talk to you

To - D.J Knowles: Damn boo, I am in class y'know

To - D.J Knowles: But what's up? What's on ur mind

I set my phone on my desk, behind my arm so my math teacher, Mrs. Barns, wouldn't see it. I also silenced it so the vibration wouldn't draw me any attention. She responded soon after I picked up my pencil and started another example problem that was given. I finished the problem, rather quickly, and unlocked my phone to see her responses.

From - D.J Knowles: Oh yeah, I forgot.

From - D.J Knowles: I just wanted to chat since its been 4ever!!

I laughed under my breath and responded to her.

To - D.J Knowles: Rlly, D?? It's been less than 12 hours since we last spoke

From - D.J Knowles: :( stop messin with me and just entertain me!!

To - D.J Knowles: lol fine what u been up 2 lately... besides 5H

She didn't reply instantly making me tune back in the teacher to see she moved pass the derivative problems we were just on, to anti-derivatives. I had to catch up but I actually like math so it wasn't that hard to realize what I missed and take the notes.

From - D.J Knowles: I just been talking to u nd Nela really I dnt usually do anything elke

From - D.J Knowles: *else

After I read her text I didn't know how to reply. I really didn't like that boy but I didn't know if it was because of my own selfish reasons or for something else.

To - D.J Knowles: .....

From - D.J Knowles: Why the dots?

To - D.J Knowles: I want to ask you a question. But I want you to be honest.

The bell rung making me jump. I put my phone back in my pocket and packed my bag before walking out into the hall. I had math alone but I had English next with Diamond. As I was making my way there I bumped into one of the newly appointed cheerleaders making her fall.

"Shit."

"My bad, I didn't see you."

I said helping her up and picking up one of her pompoms. I handed it to her and she let her hand linger on mine. I raised my eyebrow at her and smirked.

"You want something from me, newbie?"

"Yeah, your number?"

I chuckled at her before taking her phone that she handed to me.