Chapter 9: Don't

Walking into my hotel suite later that day, I was exhausted from all the running around I did. After I left Lauren, I had to go to another radio station for an independent interview. Then, right after I had to go to a different radio station for an interview and performance with Camila. Kehlani had more on her plate for today because she's a new artist. So, when I walked into my empty hotel suite, I wasn't surprised.

I stripped my clothes off as I walked towards the bathroom; throwing them in the corner next to my bed. I grabbed some clothes to put on once I got out and laid them on the dresser. Then, I grabbed my towel and bathrobe and went to turn the shower on.

When I stepped into the shower, I sighed in relief once the warm/hot water touched my skin. My body was not used to all the running around that came with being a musician, yet, and it was definitely taking a toll on me. My only problem is that I was this exhausted and it was barely nine o'clock.

I finished in the shower and got out, drying off before putting on my bathrobe. When I walked out of the bathroom, Kehlani was walking in the suite. She sighed and slumped down onto the bed closing her eyes.

"Well, hello to you too."

She groaned and sat up making me smile at her.

"I'm so tired, Y/N/N. How do you do it?"

She whined and pouted. I giggled at her and walked over to her, pulling her up to me. She draped her arms around my neck and I let mine rest loosely on her hips.

"I'm just as tired. Trust me. But I did just take a shower, so you should too. Maybe it'll loosen you up and then after we can lay down and watch something, alright?"

She nodded, still pouting and hugged me tightly before going to get some clothes and going to the bathroom. I took my robe off and put on the clothes that were on my dresser. I climbed into bed while I tried to find something to watch on cable.

I finally landed on MTV which happened to be showing Friday After Next. I laid down and got comfortable when Kehlani walked out of the bathroom in some sweats and a sports bra. She threw her dirty clothes on top of mine before climbing into the bed next to me, cuddling into my side.

"I love this movie."

She said as I put my arm around her pulling her closer.

"Yeah, I know."

She sighed and we just continued to watch the movie. About a half hour later, right before Damon was going to go into the bathroom after Money Mike, my phone vibrated from the side dresser. I groaned, reaching over to grab my phone to see who would be calling me this time a' night.

D.J. Knowles 💕😍

I was shocked but answered the phone immediately.

Hello?

Y/N?

She answered, her voice cracking.

Hey, what's wrong?

I said softly, removing myself from Kehlani and getting up and going to the bathroom, shutting the door.

Are you still in the city?

She said sniffling a few times.

Yeah. But Dinah tell me what's wrong? What happened? Are you alone?

Yeah. He just got so angry and I just - I don't know.

She said lowly.

Wait, he? You mean Nela? What did he do? Dinah, talk to me?