Epilogue

"Okay, well, um."

She stopped because her voice cracked. I smiled again at her as I admired her for the umpteenth time in the past ten minutes. She had on a white lace dress that had a laced sleeve. Her hair fell softly around her face in beach curls.

We wanted to try and combine traditions of our family. And in her tradition, both the people getting married should be in white and have lei's around their necks and on their heads as crowns. So, I had on a white pants suit and heels, while we both had on tie dyed pink, red, and white lei's. In my family we had weddings in a church instead of on the beachside. So, that's where we were, on the alter, with her family and mine intermingled in front of us.

She always looks gorgeous and I always tell her. But, today she looked exactly how I saw her on a daily basis; a queen. She cleared her throat and started her speech again.

"I never told you, mostly because I was sort of scared of my feelings for you. But the day we met in Detroit at the airport I knew you were special. I could feel you staring at me. That's why I was smiling so hard at my phone. I was trying to play it off which is why it looked like I was just laughing at my phone. But you gave me butterflies the moment I saw you."

"Then we were talking and I knew you were more than just someone I needed to know. But because I was still scared I tried to stop it all those years ago and I just stopped talking to you. But once I saw you again in Hawaii, I can't even tell you the feeling I had of seeing you again. That was when I knew I couldn't just try to make my feelings go away. But, God, we were so oblivious to each other."

I smiled at her as the guests watching laughed softly.

"We spent so long running around each other we couldn't even see what was right in front of us. But we knew it. That's why I think we never really gave up on each other. No matter what we've been through, and we've been through alot, I think I always knew we were supposed to be here."

"But I honestly never thought we'd be here. Knowing how hard it is for you to trust people and let them have all of you, the fact that you trusted me enough with this part of you means everything to me. Y/N, there's no words to describe this moment for me. And there's so many things we went through to make this happen with planning and such. But actually being here is never something you can plan for."

"Nobody plans for the nerves of getting ready for the first day of the rest of their lives. It's not something you can describe about the anxiousness of waiting to look up and be met with the rest of your life. And I've experienced that moment only once before and it was the day we met. I couldn't stop smiling thinking about you."

"And about 10 minutes ago when I turned the corner and stood down the aisle in front of you. My heart has never been so full of being able to look you in your eyes and know that we are about to start a new chapter together. And I'm so happy that I get to do that with you."

Her voice cracked and her voice died down to a whisper as she finished speaking. I let go of her hands, fighting the tears that wanted to come down my face but didn't. I wiped her face trying to catch the new tears before they fell from her eyes. She exhaled a deep breath and closed her eyes, leaning into my touch. The officiant smiled and turned to look at me indicating it was now my turn.

"Wow, how do I follow something like that."

I said then paused for a second looking down at our intertwined hands letting the small laughter die down. I took a second longer making a nervous look cross her face but I just smiled before I spoke again.

"Well, I guess I can start by saying I love you. There's been so many times when I've said those words and, somewhere deep down I knew I meant them when I said it. But with you, I feel it. If for whatever reason you specifically aren't on my mind at any moment, it doesn't matter because I can feel the love I have for you. I don't have the best track record when it comes to committing to people and that's mostly my own fault on some level. But with you it doesn't feel like I'm committing to someone else. It's more like I've found another part of me."