Chapter 4: #YSBH

I was sitting on the bed, waiting for Kehlani to come back. It's been a week since we came back from Hawaii and we go back to school on Monday. Throughout the week I've rekindled my relationship with Dinah. After what happened in the kitchen, she keeps trying to get me to confess my love for the "mysterious" girl I'm in love with. But she eventually gave up since I wasn't budging on telling her my feelings for... well her.

I also got closer to the other girls in the group since Hawaii. And they now know about how I feel for Dinah because of freaking Normila and their lack of being able to keep a secret to themselves.

I was mostly with Sierra and Diamond once we got back. When I wasn't with them I was talking to Camila or one of the girls on the phone by day and with one of the girls from my school by night. This is actually the first time I've seen Kehlani since the trip so I was happy to spend some time with her.

While we were hanging out she mentioned her music again and I was able to convince her to let me see her songs. She tried to talk me out of it saying they were bad or weren't finished or whatever. I told her that some of the best selling songs are the ones that people didn't think would do well at all.

She finally walked back into the room with a journal in her hands. She was doing the nervous thing again where she plays with her hands. I reached over and put my hand in her shoulder.

"Hey, stop worrying. I'm not going to judge you. It took guts to even start writing."

She sighed and nodded, handing me the black journal with a "K" embroidered on it. I flipped it open to the first page and it was just a bunch on lyrics sprawled all over the page in no order.

"The actual songs are towards the back."

She said trying to flip passed the pages. I snatched the book from her, smiling at her.

"Didn't I just tell you to calm down. I want to see how you write."

She rolled her eyes and moved back to her original position next to me as she watched me. As I was reading through the first couple of pages it made me feel worse for messing around with Lani. The lyrics were either about her heartbreaking or having something out of her reach. I think it hurt me though because not only was one of my best friends going through this because of me, but I was going through the same thing.

"You have a great technique. It's a perfect blend of metaphors and what you're feeling. People will relate to that."

I say looking at her. She smiled and blushed a little, before nodding her head.

"Thanks."

I turned a few more pages looking at more of her lyrics.

"If you go through these, you could actually find a good song. You might have to add or change some stuff, but there's definitely a song in here."

"Yeah, I thought so too. But lately I've been inspired so I just decided to write what was on my mind first before going back."

She said looking at her book with me, now.

"Which you should always do. You can forget if you don't write it down."

She nodded and we continued looking through her book. Eventually I got to the first song and she tensed up a little bit. She looked away to a wall so she wouldn't have to see my reactions. I wasn't really reading it yet, though. I was just skimming the lyrics before asking her a question.

"Is this, uh, about me?"

She nodded slightly making me look back at the song, starting to read the lyrics.