12. Powers

~32 BBY~

Skill, Courage, Spirit, Flesh & Insight.

Jade -

I sighed and sat up on my bed, my feet on the ground. I pulled myself out of bed and grabbed my cloak, looking into the mirror.

I looked at myself and could even notice the sadness in my eyes. I couldn't, I shouldn't have. I need to get this over with and then talk to Master Yoda.

I needed to get my mind off of it. I took a deep breath and then walked out the door, the halls were  completely empty.

I blinked a few times and kept walking until I spotted somebody, I instantly noticed her but my mind must've been tricking me because she was one of the Jedi that had been killed when the Yinchorri attacked the Temple.

She was a Jedi Guardian for the Temple, she was simply walking back and forth near the main door with her lightsaber hooked on her belt.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around confusingly, attempting to find someone else.

I was about to say something but instead the main door bursts open and fifteen Yinchorrians walk in wearing heavy armor. Two of the biggest ones were leading the group.

I reached for my lightsaber but it wasn't there.

The girl who was on guard duty instantly pulls out her lightsaber and starts a dual with the two leaders.

He used his axe to knock her lightsaber out of her hand so she did a double round-house kick straight to his face to only get her foot grabbed by the other leader who threw her against the wall.

I tried to move forward but couldn't, it was like my feet were stuck to the floor.

One of the leaders then picked her up by the neck and squeezed until she started making a gagging noise. Little did he know, she had used the Force to receive her lightsaber and right before her eye shut, she turned on her lightsaber and brought him down with her.

I put my hands over my mouth and I couldn't help but let tears roll down my face. Her lifeless body along with his dropped to the ground with a thud. The other leader growled as he looked at his friends body.

All the sudden there was this loud knocking noise and in the blink of an eye I was back in my room looking into the room. 

Tears were rolling down my eyes and I was in complete shock.

There was one more knock until, "I'm coming in!" Obi-wan's voice said, muffled by the door. He opened the door and came in, he was wearing his cloak.

I quickly wiped the tears off my face and looked at him, smiling lightly, "You ready?" I asked.

"Uhm, yeah. You okay?" He asked, pointing at my eyes which were now puffy from tears.

"Yeah, of course. I'll tell you later, let's go." I forced a smile again and followed Obi-wan out of my room and to our destination.

When we walked into the dimly lit room there were 5 gold plated coffins that were hovering over the same sized holes. Around them there were steps that went up five times, all around there were Jedi standing on the steps.

Obi-wan and I found a spot and waited until Master Yoda walked in. He walked around the caskets and gave a speech about the fallen Jedi that died during the Yinchorri Uprising to resolve the conflict.  

They then lowered the caskets into the holes and beams of lights shot up to the ceiling. It helped calm my nerves, the room no longer felt displeasing it felt calm and connected. Like the Jedi who died were now connected with the temple, the living Jedi and the Force.

The room started emptying and I found Master Yoda standing next to the caskets after everyone left. I stood near the door before he spoke to me.

"Needing to talk to you, I have been." He said, using his little walking stick to walk around the caskets over to me.

"I've been needing to talk to you as well.." I spoke, lowering my head and staring at my feet.

"About what?" He said, walking past me which I took the hint and followed him as we walked about the Temple halls.

I looked at the Jedi walking around near us, "Can we talk in the meditation room?" I asked him.

He took the hint and nodded, we then started walking to the meditation room. Once we got there we sat doing on pillow seats across from each other, it was nearly dark in the room and it had a calming smell and feel to it.

"What is it, child?" He asked, closing his eyes and sitting crisscrossed.

"I can see... deaths that I haven't seen before..." I said, watching him with uncertainty.

His eyes opened quickly, "Mean, what do you?" He asked, confused with one eyebrow raised.

"When we were on the ship leaving Yinchorr, when Master Giiett died... I blacked out and saw everything, I saw what he said, I saw how he went down.. So bravely." I explained, remembering every detail of my vision.

"Is this the only time, has happened, that is, hmm?" He asked, obviously in deep thought by the look on his face.

"No.. It happened earlier today, I saw Jedi Guardian Ellae's death... When the Yinchorri attacked the Temple." I explained.

He pressed his lips today, thinking of something, "Train you in the arts of this power, I will. Learn to control it, you will."

"Thank you, Master.. What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked, confused, not being able to think of why he would want to talk to me.

"Decided you are ready for the trials, your Master and I have." He said, making eye contact with me.

I was shocked, I didn't even know if I was ready or not. I felt like I was but there was still a doubt in me that didn't think I was.

"But your choice, it is." He says, looking at me with despair, I knew he wanted me to take the trials. He thought I was ready and I trusted his judgement.

I was going to say 'I guess I'll do it.' but Master Yoda doesn't like it when were not certain with our actions so, "I'll do it."

He smiled in an entertaining way. "Good." His rough voice said before he threw a powder at me and that was the last I remember before I woke up in a huge room, dimly lit and it smelt like blood.

I had a sense of danger in me so I reached for my lightsaber, only to find it wasn't there. I looked around for it to see it on a podium about fifteen feet away. 

I quickly started running towards it, I did that for what felt like five minutes until I released I wasn't getting any closer to it.

So, I sat down, crossed my legs, and closed my eyes. Finding the peace within me.

I told myself, over and over again, 'I'm going to become a Jedi Master'.

A/N

YO YO YO, IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE JEDI TRIALS ARE THE PROCESS OF COMPLETING FIVE CHALLENGES THAT SHOW, COURAGE, SPIRIT, FLESH, INSIGHT AND SKILL TO BECOME A JEDI MASTER (OR A KNIGHT) IT DEPENDS, I'M NOT SAYING WHICH ONE SHE'LL BECOME... if she even passes the trials lmao.

ILL TRY AND UPDATE AGAIN BUT IM WATCHING FRIENDS SO IT'LL PROBS BE UP TOMORROW, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, ILYSM <3

-Chloe