19. Coruscant

~32 BBY~

Jade -

As we flew over Coruscant, it felt so good to be home. All the buildings reminded me of the Temple which was where I wanted to be at that moment. I wanted to get back, take a shower and go talk to Master Yoda.

We landed on a floating landing platform to see Chancellor Valorum and Senator Palpatine waiting for us. I wasn't a big fan of politics, I found them boring and figured I could be doing better things with me time. But nonetheless we walked up to the chancellor, seeing as how he is the one who sent us on the mission.

We bowed to both the senator and the chancellor and then moved off to the side. I put my hands on Anakin and pulled him closer to me for comfort. He looked up at me and I gave him a warm smile. He smiled widely and then continued to look at the city, which even after all my time being here, I still found it beautiful and amazing.

The senator went on about how he was so glad to see the Queen, "May I present Supreme Chancellor Valorum.." Palpatine said and that's when my mind snapped out of my thoughts.

"Welcome, your highness, it's an honor to finally meet you in person." He said and my thoughts started going off about how much I hated politics, I wasn't one for being formal and that's all that politics were.

Qui-gon, Obi-wan and I walked in the back of the group, Chancellor Valorum stopped to talk to us. "I must speak with the Jedi Council immediately, the situation has become much more complicated." Qui-Gon said.

Anakin turned around and was confused about where to go, "Stay with Padmé Anakin, we'll find you later." I told him. He smiled and caught up to the Queen along with JarJar.

Soon, a transport arrive and Qui-gon, Obi-wan and I hopped on board, on our way back to the Temple.

"Have I ever expressed how much I hate politics?" I asked them sarcastically, already knowing the answer.

"Oh, many times before." Obi-wan replied.

"Are you two ever serious around each other?" Qui-Gon asked and Obi-wan lowered his head. "You both need to focus on the task at hand."

"Not trying to be rude or anything Master, but Obi-wan and I know how to keep things optimistic, there's no reason we should be able to make a joke while were flying to the Temple. We're both more able to be focused then you give us credit for." I say, I was fed up with him complaining about Obi-wan and I are humorous during most of our missions.

I haven't gone on one mission where he hasn't complained about it. "Fair enough." Is all Qui-gon says.

We eventually got back to the Temple and were walking in. "Tell Master Yoda I must speak with him after he is done, I must go take a shower and meditate some more."

"You meditate too much." Obi-wan jokes.

I laugh, "There's no such thing as meditating 'too' much." I respond.

Qui-gon nods in agreement, "We'll tell Master Yoda." They both bow to me and I bow to him before we walk in separate ways.

It felt so nice to take a shower, there's was too much sand on me, I couldn't stand sand to be honest, it got everywhere.

Once I got out I went straight to my favorite tree in the Temple Ground outside. Nearby there were a small class of younglings being trained, learning different moves.

They must've been around five years old or so and I couldn't help but remember when I was five years old. I watched as one of the kids had trouble gripping his lightsaber. I walked over, "Here." I told the kid, putting his hand in the correct spot.

"Thank you Master Terrano." The little boy said.

"You're welcome." I replied.

I walked back to the tree and meditated, once again losing track of time.

"Told I was, that you needed me." I heard Master Yoda's voice.

I opened my eyes and saw him as he came and sat crisscross in front of me, "Like to meditate here, I do also." He said.

The only thing providing a light source were the lights coming from buildings in the city surrounding the Temple.

"I was wondering... How long did it take you to master your Jedi Abilities, like the power only you and I have and the strong connection you have with the Force." I asked him.

"A much slower learner I was, than you." He says, "More powerful than me, you are. Power doesn't matter, in the eyes of a true Jedi."

"Of course not, power is the thing I'm least concerned about. It's just, Obi-wan asked me a if I would ever be stronger than you with the Force and I didn't know the answer." I told him.

Master Yoda closed his eyes in deep thought, "Stronger you will be, but equal in intelligence." He said.

I smiled, this was good. I didn't know how I felt about being stronger than Master Yoda, that seemed like too much power from one person.

"Another mission, we have for you." Master Yoda then said and my smile faded slightly.

"What is it?" I asked, resting my elbow on my left knee.

"Gone back to Naboo Master Qui-gon and his Padawan have, help them there, you must." He tells me. 

I take a deep breath, I just took a showeerrrrrrr, I complained in my head, "I'll leave right this moment Master." I stood up.

Master Yoda smiled, "May the Force be with you."

I bowed, "May the Force always be with you." I told him, smiling to myself for thinking of that.

I jogged through the Jedi Temple to one of the Hangars and got in my ship which was a yellow and white Jedi Straighter  As I was sitting down I had flashed of a battle in my mind, Gungans vs. Droids. The Queen vs. The Trade Federation... And Obi-wan and Qui-gon vs. the man that we fought earlier. These visions only made me fly there faster.

I quickly took off and flew out of Coruscant, looking at the city lights below.

I sent a transmission to Obi-wan and he quickly answered, "Jade, what do you need?"

"Where on Naboo are you, I'm on my way." I told him.

"In the East Forest, be careful going past the blockade." He said.

I scoffed, "Please Obi-wan, I'm a better pilot than you and you know it, I'll be past the blockade in no time." I said sarcastically.

"Think what you want Jade." He joked, "I'll see you on the ground." He then turned off the transmission and I flew through space alone.

A/N

OML, IM ALMOST FINISHED WITH THIS BOOK, THAT'S CRAZY. I'LL PROBABLY END UP GOING BACK AND ADDING CHAPTERS LATER ON IN LIFE BUT OTHER THAN THAT, I HAVE MORE TWO OR THREE MORE CHAPTERS TO DO BEFORE I START BOOK 2. Y'ALL WANNA KNOW THE NAME OF IT? 'THE BEGINNING OF THE ARMY' IM SO EXCITED ITS NOT FUNNY.

ALRIGHT, WELL, ILL WRITE MORE TOMORROW, GOODNIGHT :)

-Chloe