Twenty Two

This is where the fun and feels begin

//

Karen glanced at the clock in the new house. Opened boxes everywhere, half painted walls, only a couch, a table and a clock hanging on the wall were the decoration of the house. It was already 8:30 PM and Matthews still not there. Karen decided not to call or text him, since she wasn't that kind of a girl. She would just ignore him if she saw him at school.

"He's still not here?" Tony asked as he walked down the stairs in a pair of grey sweatpants and a black t-shit, towel hanging around his shoulder. "Nope." Tony rolled his eyes, "Asshole."

"Tell me about it." He grabbed a bag of doritos of the kitche counter and plopped down next to her on the couch. Suddenly Karen's phone rang and she groaned as she noticed the call ID;

Matthews♥

"It's him." She mumbled as she stood up from the couch and answered the call. "Hello?" Her eyes widened as she head someone yelling, but it was muffled by something. "Matthews?"

Suddenly the noise went away and a robotic voice was heard. "Hello Karen." Tony noticed the sudden change of expression and he texted both McGee and Abby, hoping one of them would be able to trace the call.

"Who is this?" Her voice wavered as she said those words. "Oh Karen, I think you already know."

"You are the man who has been killing those women." Her voice cracked a little at the end. It was him,the man who was after her. "Yes, women who look like you." Tony signaled her as he got s text back from McGee that he was trying to trace the call. "Why are you doing this to me? Why take James?" She had put it on speaker, so her dad could listen. "Oh Karen, Dearie, it is not always about you."

Tony was confused as was Karen. "W-what do you mean?"

"Well Karen, you see, by hurting I also hurt your dad."

"Then why not kill me?" There was a chuckle on the other side of the line, "Because you, you hurt my son."

"How did I hurt your son?"

Tony glnced at his phone, 'He is leading this call through several countries. I need more time.'
He showed the text to Karen, who nod and tried not to panick to much.

"You hurt him by rejecting him and now you were suppose to be on a date with that filthy piece of crap James Matthews. HOW DARE YOU, YOU STUPID BITCH?!" Karen flinched and closed her eyes for a brief moment and then she spoke, "H-how did my dad hurt you?"

"That, Karen, is something for you and him to figure out." And with that he hung up.

//

"- h-he also said that I hurt his son. That I rejected him and hurt him by going on a date with someone else." I sat in one of the conference rooms with the whole team, even Ducky and Palmer were there. "That's all?" Gibbs asked and both Karen and Tony nod. "Okay. Ducky make a profile of this man along with Palmer, also go over the previous case files. McGee, you said you were able to trace the call to a specific street and you know his speed?" McGee nod. "Then go see where he could've taken Matthews to."

The four of them nod and walked of. "DiNozzo, make a list of people you've pissed of." Tony cringed, that is a long list. "Karen, make a list of all the boys that have asked you out or may have a crush on you." He paused, "Where is Ziva?"

"I don't know, boss." Tony said as he grabbed pen and paper for both him and Karen. Gibbs rolled his eyes and walked out of the door. Karen stood up and ran after him. "Gibbs,wait!" The grey haired male stopped in his tracks and turned around to face the teenager. "What?" His stern posture softened as he noticed the tears gather in Karen's eyes. She threw her arms around him, "Please just find James, I-I really care about him." He hugged her back, "I can't promise anything, but I will try everything I can." He pulled back and put his hands on her shoulders, "I'm going to notify his family. You go make that list, okay," Karen nod. "Karen, you will be fine and I hope so will James." He kissed her forehead and walked of.

//

"Do you have someone with the last name 'Foreman'?" Tony looked through his list and shook his head. "Okay, 'Buckly'?"

"YES!" Tony practically shouted as he stood up. "I got a David Buckly. I arrested his brother, who's in jail for life with no parol."

"I got Nick Buckly." Kare spoke, "He asked me out about 2 months ago."

"I think we got him."

"Now we just got to find him."