seventeen

okay so things are gonna get a lil handsy. if dats weird 4 u, the touchy part happens at the first set of "***" and ends at the second set of "***". ok, carry on(/outer space) im funny. btw i had to post this twice bc wattpad is weird

Calum's POV: [AN-ur welcome]

"Okay, what the hell do you get a girl that believes she has everything?" I ask Ashton, both of us scrolling through online stores.

Christmas is in a few days and I haven't gotten Ari anything. I have some things in my mind that's complete, but I don't think it's enough. I just want something that will show her how much I care about her. I really like Ariana. I know she knows that, but I still feel like I need something that will remind her how much I appreciate her every time she looks at it.

I need something that when she looks at it, she'll immediately think of me. She'll immediately think of us. I want something that shouts "Ariana and Calum." Caliana, if you will. Maybe something that relates to...

"I got it!" I cheer, loudly, Ashton jumping out of fear.

"Fuck you! What'd you think of?" Ashton groans, annoyed.

I explain my entire gift idea. All three parts of it. The opener, the tear drawer, and the shocker. This is Ari's first Christmas without her mother, and the guys and I are trying to do absolutely everything we can to make sure this Christmas is the best Christmas she will ever have.

"Damn, that's amazing. I'd date you," Ash says.

"Thanks. That's what I was going for. Now, I'm gonna head over to Ari's. She needs help with Christmas stuff. Please, finish buying the stuff for Christmas. I need all the help I can get," I instruct, shutting the hotel room door.

I get in the driver's seat of my new rental car. My stomach twists into knots as I inch closer to Ariana's house. She's beginning to make me super nervous. Every time I go to see her, I get butterflies, scared I'll mess something us. I see everything as super fragile ever since our almost break up. I know she didn't actually want to end anything with me, but I still feel like I did something to push her to that point. Even though she said it was the hate and stress, I still think it was my fault. Whatever I did, I don't want to do it again. I can't risk losing Ari.

I hate liking her this much. It's fucked everything up. By that, I mean well. I haven't looked at another girl romantically since I met Ariana. The only thing I see is her. I smile every time I'm near her. Hell, I smile all the time, because when I'm not around her, I'm thinking of her. I go out of my way to make sure she's happy. Her childhood sucked and since I have money, I plan on making up for all the things she never got to do. Like travel the world, or go to amusement parks, or go to prom. Anything she couldn't get, I'm going to give to her.

That's a promise.

My anxious feeling fades off when I park in her driveway. Through the window, I can see her struggling to reach a part of the tree, her small frame stretched far up, standing on her tippy toes. The sight makes me chuckle a bit. She's so cute.

Since she seems busy, I walk through her front door, her not phased by my entrance.

"Honey, I'm home!" I shout.

She turns her head around, her long brown hair flying around to her shoulder. She stops trying to put the ornament up and comes over to me, kissing me briefly.

"Can you please help me?" Ari asks, motioning toward the tree.

I take the ornament out of her hands and put it near the top of the tree with ease. After about two hours of yelling All Time Low music with Ari, we're finally done decorating her house for the holidays.