Chapter 15

•Sammy's POV•
After the ambulance arrived I went to Matt's house and spoke to a very beautiful girl named, Grace. After I told her what happened she started to cry so I tried to comfort her by hugging her. She was very sweet. I didn't want to see her cry at all. It was weird cause I usually don't feel this way about girls. We got into the car and drove to the hospital. She got out and ran up to the doors. I chased after her. We got inside and ran to Katelyn, who was crying. "They won't tell m-me anything" she said sobbing. I hugged her and said "it's okay Katie. It's okay." My words seemed to have soothed her because she quieted down. Then she went to Grace and hugged her. "It's gonna be okay Katie Cake." Grace said. It was sweet. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop Matt." I said tearing up a bit. "It's not your fault Sammy." Katelyn said. "I'm going to make sure Matt goes to jail for what he did." She said with vengeance in her voice. "Grace? Call the cops please?" I said. "No." Katelyn said "the hospital reported it all and the cops are trying to find him now." "Oh. Okay." Grace and I said in unison. We smiled at each other. "Jilkinson!" Kate whisper yelled. Grace blushed as I told Katelyn to shut up.

•1 1/2 hours later•

•Katelyn's POV•

"Well..." Said the nurse. "Jack's vitals are steady but he is in a coma." She rubbed my arm. "He probably won't be in a coma for very long. Probably 2-3 days at the most." I looked at her and almost started crying. "Can I see him?" I said "yes honey. Follow me." She said. She sounded insincere but I put on a smile and walked to his room.

"Jack? Baby?" I said quietly. "He can't speak or move but he can hear you. Talk very quietly." Another nurse said. It was a male nurse taking care of Jack's needs which I was happy about. "Okay." I thanked him as he walked out the door. "Jack? I'm so sorry I couldn't help you. I promise from now on I'm not going to leave you and I'm not talking to Matt." I just sat there holding his cold hand. 15 minutes went by and there was a knock on the door. Sammy quietly opened it and asked if he could talk to him. I nodded my head and stood up to kiss Jack on the forehead. I leaned down and whispered into his ear "be strong baby." And left.

•Sammy's POV•

"G, Man listen. I'm sorry about not being able to help you. I should have tried harder."
I said as I started crying. I looked at him and said goodbye. I walked out. I couldn't see Jack in this state. I couldn't imagine how it felt for Katelyn.

I walked out of the room and I guess my eyes were red and puffy because Grace walked up to me and hugged me. Then she stood on her tip toes and kissed my cheek. "It's okay. He gonna be okay." She whispered into my ear which calmed me down. Just in the moment I picked her up and kissed her. "Jilkinson all the way!" Katelyn whisper yelled. She let out a weak smile and a small giggle. Hey! At least she is smiling.