Road to Recovery

Harry's P.O.V

Draco and I made our way to the hospital. I had been getting chemotherapy at the muggle hospital with Doctor Walton. Draco had suggested moving closer to the hospital, to move to the muggle world, but I didn't have enough energy to do that. We walked in and I rubbed my head gently. It had been bothering me all morning.

"You alright?" Draco asked and I tiredly nodded. He sighed and wrapped his arm around my waist. I leaned into him and we walked into the oncology unit.

"Ah Mister Potter-Malfoy, right on time, please go ahead." The receptionist motioned to the back room so we made our way there. We walked in and I took my seat on the long arm doctor's chair. Draco sat in the plastic chair next to me and we waited for the doctor to come in.

"Harry, is something bothering you?" Draco asked me softly. I leaned into his shoulder.

"My head is bothering me." I told him.

"Is that normal?" He asked putting his hand on my head gently.

"I would assume so because of the tumor." I hissed and I heard him sigh. He kissed my head gently. I heard the door open so I looked up and the doctor was standing there.

"Hello Harry." He smiled. "How are you feeling today?"

"Um-" I bit my lip.

"Harry, I need you to be honest with me or nothing will get fixed." Dr. Walton said and took a seat in front of me. Draco's grip on my hand tightened and he squeezed it for reassurance.

"My head is hurts. Like a substantial amount." I told him and he nodded.

"It could be the tumor shrinking." He told me. "We can do a body scan if you would like." He said and I nodded. "Okay, let's go do that now." He said and I nodded. We stood up and walked into another room. I was given a gown that I changed into magically in the privacy of a different room and walked into the PET scan room. I lied on the bed that the nurses helped me on and the machine started moving. I tried controlling my breathing because I was trying not to panic as my head was pounding against my skull. The machine stopped and I got off. I changed back into my clothes and went into the first room. Draco and the doctor came back; Draco gave a small smile, and sat down. "Well the tumor does appear to be shrinking." He said and a small smile made its way onto my face. "However it's only shrunken a minuscule amount."

"So what do we do then?" I asked quietly.

"I think radiation therapy is the best choice."

"Instead of the chemo?"

"We would try both and when the tumor shrinks a sizable amount hopefully surgery is a possibility."

"Okay. And then side effects?"

"They will be very similar to those of chemo, so when you get home today, rest and try to eat foods that are light."

"Okay."

"We can do both now." He told me and I nodded. Draco gripped my hand tightly and we began the process. The radiation and chemo was put together and injected into my hand that Draco wasn't holding. By the time we were done, I was given a pail that I vomited in. When I finished I turned to the doctor

"Sir, would it be possible to take pain potions?" I asked and he pondered a bit.

"You know, that probably would help with your pain. I do not believe it will affect the chemoradation so I'll have brother give you some."