Regret

Albus' P.O.V

I was in a green meadow. I was sitting on the grass as the warm rays of the sun hit my face. Scorpius was running around, chasing butterflies with Salem and another little girl who I'd assumed was our new adopted daughter. Her dirty blonde hair bounced as she giggled when the butterfly landed on her nose. I smiled and I felt a tapping on my shoulder. I turned around and the faceless child stood in front of me. She didn't need a face for me to know she was angry.

"So you're just going to replace me like that dada?!" She screeched. I didn't know how she could talk without a mouth but her voice was deep and chilly.

"I-I d-don't know you." I stuttered and she growled.

"I am the child you lost! The one you easily replaced!" She hissed.

"N-no baby I-I love you." I stuttered. "I d-didn't replace you!" I yelled.

"You adopted a baby two months after I died!" She yelled."You could have prevented it. It's your fault I am dead!"

"I-I'm so sorry."I mumbled. "I-I didn't m-mean to l-lose you."

"You're pathetic, I hate you dada! You have done something! You could have saved me."

"I-I'm sorry!" I cried. She lunged for me and made me topple over. I screamed and kicked trying to her off of me. "Stop, stop get off!"

"Albus c'mon! Wake up!" I heard someone say and I bolted up right. My breathing was labored and I felt myself shaking. A soft voice was trying to break me of my trance and when I finally had enough, I turned over and vomited. I felt a hand on my back rubbing it gently and I started crying harder. "Shh it's okay, I'm here." The voice hugged me close to their chest as I cried.

"W-we r-replace her." I sobbed. I started to hyperventilate so I heard the voice curse then rifle in the drawer for something. I felt a cool thing to my lips and then I hand to my throat rubbing it so I swallowed the potion. I felt myself relax and my breathing clamed as I slumped against the voice.

"Shh it's okay." Fingers laced in my hair as I tried getting my thoughts together. I looked up and Scorpius was looking into space. I studied his face and it seemed to be cut up and bruised. I lifted my hand up and gently gazed it making him flinch away.

"W-What h-happened?" I asked and he looked down at me giving me sad smile.

"You punched me." He said and my eyes widened.

"W-what?"

"In your sleep love, you we're thrashing. Probably bruised my ribs with all the kicking."

"I-I'm s-sorry." I mumbled and he pushed my head into my chest petting my hair.

"I'm not mad."He told me. "Are you okay?" He asked and I shook my head. "What was your dream about?"

"T-the b-baby I l-lost." I told him. "S-she s-said she h-hated me. S-said I-I could h-have saved h-her. S-Scorpius, I-I could h-have helped h-her."

"No love, you couldn't have." He shushed. "It wasn't possible. We knew the possibilities, we knew she didn't have a high survival rate, it wasn't your fault she lost her life, it wasn't."

"I-It was m-my body."

"Doesn't mean you could have done something." He said and I cried into his chest again. He started to rub my back gently. "Go back to sleep." He whispered and I shook my head.