Telling

Albus' P.O.V

I walked through the floo to see papa standing on his own, not being supported by the counter, and smiling.

"Good morning." I piped and he smiled.

"Morning Al, how are you doing?" He asked and I walked to him giving him a hug.

"Doing a lot better actually, how are you? It seems like you're doing better."

"I feel better." He told me smiling. "I'm not sure if it was our talk yesterday but I don't feel as depressed." He said to me and I nodded. "Why are you doing better?"

"Well um, where's Draco?" I asked and then he appeared from the hallway.

"Right here." He said and papa turned to kiss Draco. "You alright?" He asked papa.

"Yeah fine, Al seems to have something to tell us." He said and Draco wrapped an arm around him.

"Can you both sit?" I asked and they nodded. We walked over to the table, them on one side, me on the other.

"What's going on?" Draco asked and I took a deep breath.

"Well yesterday Scorpius came home late-"

"Wait this isn't like a talk where you found out he was cheating on you is it?" Papa interrupted.

"No why would I be happy about that?" I asked and he shrugged. "Anyway, he told me he was late because this person showed up and made his appointments late." I explained. "Are you guy's familiar with Curtis Alexander?"
"Yeah he was your bully."

"Well it was his wife- erm ex wife, he kind of attacked Scorpius." I said and papa blanched but Draco didn't seem fazed. "Well she's having a baby and Scorpius asked if we could adopt it." I blurted out and they looked shocked. They blinked at me for a little before Draco regained from his shock first.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? He bullied you! You would be raising your childhood bully's child."

"Yeah but-"

"He almost made you lose Harriet." He pointed out and I flinched. Scorpius had used that one but I knew I wouldn't cry this time. I closed my eyes.

"Too soon." I mumbled.

"Merlin AL, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Scorpius said the same thing." I told them and then took a deep breath letting it out. I opened my eyes. "I understand who he is but that doesn't mean his child will be like that. You're not born homophobic. And besides, Curtis wanted some ass that's why he kissed me." I smirked.

"Al." Papa said and my eyes traveled from Draco to him. "Why do you want another baby?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I'm young papa, by the time my house is empty, I'll be thirty two."

"Are you sure you want to do this? And it's not some crisis where you need to take on another child cause you lost yours?" Papa asked and I nodded.

"I am sure." I nodded. "Sure losing my own child devastated me and created a hole in my heart, I know this is the right thing to do. We're giving a child a chance to live, a chance at a good life."