A nice hero

Aphmau's pov

"Are you okay?"

I couldn't answer the man and I noticed my hands were shaking. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked and put his hand on my shoulder. I felt tears well up in my eyes and I ran into him and hugged him tight. He stiffened but then relaxed and stroked the top of my head. For some reason, I felt safe. Then, the man pulled away from me and bent down a little so we were eye level.

"What is your name?" He asked gently and I took a step back. "Aphmau." I replied before slapping my hand over my mouth. I did not mean to say that. Oh no, what if he finds out I'm the princess?" I asked myself mentally but he just smiled and said "That's a lovely name." His cheeks were tinged pink and I felt my nervousness fade. "Oh, thank you so much!" I said with a tired smile.

"Here, let me accompany you to the inn." He said and I nodded. Wow....he's really cute...wait what!? I yelled in my head. My face burned red and I pulled the hood back up over my head. "Two rooms please." The man said to the innkeeper. The man turned back around to me and said "Okay, I got you your room. Its the first one on the left upstairs, I'll be right across from you if you need me."

I nodded and then said "Ah, let me pay you for the room." I pulled out my coin purse and he shook his head. "No it's okay." He then disappeared upstairs. "He's really nice." I whispered. I walked up to my room and opened the door. I shut it and locked it behind me and jumped face first onto the bed. I snuggled my face in the pillow and felt myself slowly drifting into a deep slumber.

I was awoken by the brightness of the sun and I stretched as I got out of bed. I walked downstairs and thanked the innkeeper and left the inn. I walked to the stable and rubbed my hand across Ungrth's scaly neck. "That wyvern is yours!?" The man who saved me said in awe. I looked over at him and he was brushing a white horse. I shook my head and said "No, this is my best friends."

The man smiled and I remembered that I didn't even ask his name. "Um, what is your name?" I asked and his eyes widened. "M-my name?" He asked and I nodded. " My name is Garroth." He cringed and I smiled. "That's a nice name for a person as handsome as you." I then just realized what I said and I quickly covered my mouth and blushed.

Garroth blushed and looked back at his horse. I felt so embarrassed and I smiled at Ungrth. "Go back to Laurence now. I know you want to." I said and Ungrth's eyes narrowed and he said "What about you M'lady?" I smiled and said "Don't worry Ungrth, I'll just rent a horse." Then I felt Garroth's eyes on me and he said "Wait, you can understand the wyvern language!?" He sounded excited and I nodded.

"Wow, I've never met a person who can understand them." Garroth smiled and I smiled back. "Ah, that reminds me. Raven!" He called and a small golden wyvern landed in front of me. "Woah! You have one too." I said excited and kneeled down. "Yeah, he's pretty small but really strong." I felt excited and I pulled on Ungrth's reins. "Go on, go back to Laurence." I said and Ungrth flew off.

"Hey, wanna travel with me?"