Chapter 1 - First day of School

"But Moooom! I don't want to go!" Frisk angrily crosses his arms and pouts at the kitchen table. Today is the day he starts school again after being in the Underground for so long. He is starting his first semester in the sixth grade. "Little one, school is so much fun! You learn things that you have never learned before," Toriel explains as she sets a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon out in front of the boy, "Who knows? You may learn even more uses for snails!"
"But... I want to wait a year."
"Young one, you may not wait any longer for your classmates will not be your age."
"I don't care, I want to go play with Undyne."
"Undyne starts her new job today to, now be a good child and please go to school. You'll see me there."
"But you teach the younger kids..." Frisk looked up at his adoptive goat mom and gives her a depressed expression. This cuts her big heart in half. "My dear, you will have fun, please believe me. Here", she goes over to the counter and picks up Frisk's blue lunch box and sets it on the table, "I gave you a candy bar for your extra special day." She gives him a warm smile and wink. This brightens up his expression, "Really?! You sure I can have it?"
"Yes I am sure my dear, just brush your teeth when you come home, you know how I feel about cavities." Toriel runs her fingers through Frisk's hair and chuckles to herself. She feels like the best mom in the world again, and that feeling of being lonely is now gone forever, as long as she has her son. Frisk mumbles a "Thank you," and starts chowing down eggs. Toriel plants a small kiss atop his head and starts the dishes. She doesn't start her work until next semester, she's only subsituting her first year for a teacher leaving for pregnancy. Her passion has wowed the principal during her job interview, and they wanted to put her in action as soon as they could. Her life, after hundreds of years, is finally coming together.
Frisk silently gets up and slips his plate into the sink. Toriel whispers, "Good boy, thank you for finishing your food," to him and he gives her a nod. "I'm going to water Flowey now," he said as he grabbed a cup and filled it with water. "Tell him I say hello!" She calls after him as he runs up the stairs with cup in hand. She never knew that such a terrible plant could make a little boy so happy.