Chapter 2 - Sunshine

"Wakey wakey Flowey!" Frisk bashes through the bedroom door and closes it behind him. Flowey is looking out the window and grumbles at the sound of Frisk coming in. He turns around in his pot and glares at the boy, "What do you want, brat?" Frisk keeps his smile attatched to his face and walks over to the grouchy plant, "It's morning, you need water."
"Let me die!"
"No. You don't need to mope around the Underground for eternity. And I love you, so take your water!"
Flowey hisses at him, but Frisk ignores the harmless flower and starts to dribble the water on him. Flowey shivers under the cold dropplets, but his mood changes to being relaxed, "Thanks kid... Sorry I'm just not in a good mood today." Frisk patiently nods as he finishes dumping the water out of the cup. He sets the cup on the desk Flowey is sitting on and sits in the kids office chair, "What's wrong Flowey?"
Flowey turns to look out the window again, rays of sunshine seep through almost like a waterfall. "I don't deserve this, Frisk. I have done the world so badly. I made promises I shouldn't have kept. I betrayed people I loved. This weather outside is beautiful, but I don't deserve to see it." Frisk pats the little creatures top and whispers, "That's not true, everyone deserves a second chance."
"Frisk, I've probably used up a thousand chances..."
"That's not what I meant Asriel."
Flowey turns to Frisk with sadness in his eyes, he has no words. "Asriel, are you sure you don't want me to tell? Maybe Alphys can find a way to-"
"NO!" Flowey peers into Frisk's soul, full of hidden pain, he collects himself and says,"Frisk, listen, I've got you. If they found out, they wouldn't believe you. I'm a talking flower. They would just be heartbroken. They have you now and that's what's healing them inside. I don't want to see them upset anymore." Flowey stares out the window once more, and Frisk frowns. Frisk has been trying to get Flowey to cheer up a little, but he lacks a soul, and it breaks Frisk's heart. "Well Flowey, I have to start school today. Would you like to come? I can plant you in the schoolyard and we can talk about the grass, birds, and sunshine." Flowey sighed, "Maybe tomorrow kid, I'm going to sit here and think." Frisk gives him a warm smile and kisses one of his petals, "I'll be thinking about you!" Frisk gets up from his desk and grabs the cup. Flowey turns to look at Frisk one last time, watching him walk out and close the door behind him. Flowey sighs again and looks out the window once more, "Birds?" ... "Sunshine?" ...
...
"Happiness...?"