Chapter 24 - Heartless b*tch✔

Why do I feel stuck in a dark black hole of love and theres no possible  way to get out?

Why do I feel as if i've done the worst thing possible?

Why did I leave Ethan alone in that empty parking lot, crying his eyes out? I'll tell you why.

Because I am a heartless bitch.

When I encountered Ethan in the parking lot, I basically left him to cry on his own. I didn't run to him and hug him. I didn't run to him and kiss the life out of him and say sorry. Instead, I ran but not to him. I ran to the door to get away.

I remember glancing back and seeing him crying still. I seriously broke his heart.

I was in my first class and waited for a sad looking Ethan to enter.

It was at that moment I wish I could mute people out from my head. Shut everyone out to avoid the bullshit that comes out from their mouths. But after what just happened, that was impossible for me to do.

"Jenni!" Zoey yelled quietly. I turned around and smiled at her. She's finally talking to me.

"What's up with you? You look really.. sad," That's cause I am, but thanks for noticing.

I got up eagerly from my seat and hugged Zoey as tight as I could "I have missed you so much Zo," I said and I heard her faintly chuckle.

"I've missed you too. These past days I've been feeling so lonely-," She started to tell me but cut off when I heard someone cough. Ethan.

"Please sit down Ms. Irvine," He said while staring at me. I let go from my hug with Zoey and stared at Ethan.

His eyes were red by his crying and god.. you could tell he had a cigarette before walking in here.

I sat down in my seat and tried not stare at him, even though I felt his eyes on me.

"Ok students," He said while clapping his hands "I've decided that this lesson will be about the History of Love," An evil smirk slowly forming on his lips.

Some guys from the front grunted but Ethan ignored them "Basically back then, soldiers couldn't be in relationships ; but some would be together secretly. I find it fascinating how someone can just drop everything for a special person, but that person doesn't see it. Another thing I don't understand is.. Cheaters," Yes Ethan, I know. I fucking know that what you've just said is directed to me.

I stared at Fred who was on the other side of the class and he looked somehow intrigued in this lesson. He jerked his head and stared at me, then back at Ethan and furrowed his eyebrows. Please dont realize here.

"Jenni please pay attention!" Ethan yelled. Shocking me and making me hit my table.

"Sorry sir," I muttered, while rubbing my knee. That's gonna leave a mark for sure.

"If you're trying to make people laugh, then I suggest you come out here and teach this lesson since you're not paying attention," He yelled again and I got up from my seat and gave him an evil death glare.

"Listen Mr. Gates. You shocked me, making me hit my desk. Shit like that happens. What ever happened with your pathetic love life, I dont care but that doesn't mean you have to take your anger out on me!" I yelled back and wished I didn't say some of those words. I do care Ethan..

"SIT DOWN!" He yelled even louder than before and I sat down, scared by him.

"Why are you shouting at her?" Fred yelled and Ethan jerked his head and stared at him in a such a deathly way that shivers went up my spine.