Chapter 44 - Marks✔

Ethan

I can't sleep.

My face is in so much pain that it's keeping me up at night. I need Jenni by my side now. But why is that so hard to ask for?

Grabbing the pack of cigarettes from the dining table, I walked to the back door and opened the sliding door and sat down on the porch.

Quickly placing the deadly thing between my lips, I lit it up and took a long deep intake of it and shut my eyes to enjoy it.

Smoking makes my problems flow away. It makes me relax and stops me from falling into an abyss.

Opening my eyes, I stared at the bright full moon with the stars flickering.

When I was five, I once locked myself in my room because I was scared the werewolves would come and get me. Now I wish for the werewolves to come and get me.

Bite me. Shred me to pieces. I don't give a fuck anymore.

"Ethan? What are you doing up at this time for?" My mother's voice shocked the living hell out of me.

I raised my arm so she could see the cigarette I was holding.

Hearing her light footsteps, she sat down by me and stared at the sky "I can't sleep because of the monster near me," She whispered and I squeezed my eyes shut.

That monster that deserves to get hit by a truck multiple times until his organs splatter onto the road.

Keep your cool Ethan. Keep your stupid fucking damn cool.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep because of what that monster did to my face and chest," I argued while taking another puff from my cigarette.

"That is.. Really bad Ethan. I'll call the doctor tomorrow if you'd like," She kindly asked me but I shook my head.

"It'll heal. I'll leave it so I can show that shit head I have a bigger pair of balls than his shriveled up ones," I said as I dabbed my cigarette on the step and got up.

"Goodnight momma, love you," I kissed her temple and before I left to go up to my room, I said "If he touches you, scream and I'll be on my way with a weapon," Hearing her lightly chuckle made me smile but it slowly faded when I felt the pain once again.

God that bastard.

~×~

"Here," My mom passed me an ice bag with a cloth over it and I just put it on my face.

Moaning by the amazing cool feeling on my face, I heard my mother chuckle while my dad groaned.

"Stop makin' a fuss about it son. I did far worse to you before," He said in his cocky voice while taking a bite out from his french toast.

"Yeah I know. I still have the MARKS!" I said as calmly as possible but the bomb inside me set off without me knowing.

"Calm down. Well you have nice memories of what I did now don't you?" He beamed and I stared at him through my right eye.

"I can't believe you," I whispered and he smiled like a crazy man.

He should be the one going to prison, not me.

~×~

I KNOW THIS IS SHORT ASF

IM SORRY

IM STUCK WRITING CHAPTERS FOR BOOK 2 BUT DONT WORRY I WILL TRY AND MAKE CHAP 45 LONGER IM SORRY

Hope you still enjoyed it tho :/

-Riley xx