Chapter 1

Sienna's POV

I was used to getting told that I was the example of the perfect daughter. It was only the beginning of my senior year and I was likely to get valedictorian. I had a 4.0 GPA and still managed a pretty good social life. I have a medium size group of friends that were both guys and girls.

Everyone at school knows me. I am Sienna Adams and I am known as the most bubbly, friendly approachable person at our school. The teachers love me and the students love me.

"I got the job," I screeched to my best friend Sara.

"OMG Si, that is amazing."

Unlike most teenagers I already know what I want to do. I want to become a psychiatrist one day. I had applied to work at a group known as The Help Group. It is for teenagers that are having trouble with depression and suicide. It is from 3:30 until 5:00 every day and then work with a psychiatrist there until 7.

The rest of my friends gathered but the bell ran before we got into any real talk. I headed to AP Calculus and sat in my usual seat in the back row. You would think that because I am considered a nerd I would sit at the front but I don't like it there. I actually have to do work. Don't get me wrong I love to learn but I know everything that we get taught because I taught it to myself years ago.

Aiden Stone sat next to me only because there is no other seat in the back row. No one knows much about him but he is extremely attractive. He has blue eyes and light brown hair and it is obvious that he works out a lot. No one talks to him though as it is social taboo. He used to be really popular in freshman year but then something happened. He quit the baseball team, that he was the star of and stopped talking completely. Everyone just assumes now that he is mute

My teacher started talking about something that I already knew. I was mentally creating a list of things that I needed to do before my parents got home. Even though I was working until 7 I would be lucky if they were home before 11.

I noticed that Aiden wasn't listening either. Last year I was helping mark papers for some of my teachers in different classes and I saw some of his results. He is clearly never smart from what I saw.

I didn't say anything to him and he was the first one out of the class when the bell rang. Lunch came quickly and I sat down in my usual seat. Sara came in and took the seat next to me. She was twirling a lock of her long blonde hair around one finger which she does when she thinks.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"We should celebrate tonight," she said smirking at me with her brown eyes sparkling.

I had a serious thought about it. Sara is a serious party girl and tonight is a Friday.

"What the hell, might as well," I said as more of our friends floated in.

Our friend group is quite large. Sara is my best friend but I get along with everyone else. Sara invited the rest of the girls to my place to get ready because I don't start work until Monday.

The rest of the day flew by and we all headed to my place. Both my parents are lawyers so my house is massive. There ended up being five of us. Me and Sara obviously as well as Ruby, Ava and Lilly. All four of the girls have been to my house numerous times and they had been home to grab clothes to change into.

Everyone gathered in my bathroom and started picking out nail polish. I picked a dark blue. The great thing about this is that we then get to sit around and have a good gossip while the polish dries. We all sit on the bathroom floor and talk about school, teachers and boys.

Somehow the conversation ended up on homecoming dance.

"Anyone got a date to go with?" Ava asked even though the dance is still three weeks away.

Lilly was the only one with a boyfriend out of all of us. He is also part of our friend group and his name is Jesse.

"I'm sure that Sienna could ask anyone and they would go with her," Sara teased.

"There isn't anyone that I would want to go to homecoming with," I said.

The girls started naming almost every guy at our school and I kept shaking my head. Luckily my nails had dried so I could get up and avoid any more of this conversation.

I picked out a denim shorts and dark blue shirt with silver swirls. Sara offer to do my hair and I willingly let her. I have long dark hair that is almost black so Sara plaited it and then pulled it into a bun. I then did hers. I pinned that front bits back and straighten the rest. By the time I was finished the other girls were too.

The party was in full swing when we got there. Sara and I headed into the kitchen when we ran into some of our guy friends. Brody handed me a coke and then Jason dragged me to the dance floor. Some song I vaguely recognised so I started dancing with him. I started drinking to make sure that I didn't spill it on someone.

About an hour in I ran into an extremely drunk Sara and Brody. Brody was holding her up so that she didn't crash into anyone.

"I don't know how she ended up so drunk but I have to leave," he said.

I groaned but took her anyway. She is my friend though, I wasn't going to leave her drunk. I ran into Lilly and she told me that she would tell the others that we had left.

"But I don't want to leave," Sara moaned.

"Sara, we have to leave," I said and started stumbling out the door with her leaning on me and trying to dig her heels in.

Sara was a lot heavier than she looked and I was struggling to get her down the street to where I had parked.

"Do you want some help?" a deep voice asked.

I was so shocked that I almost dropped Sara onto the ground. There was a guy standing behind us. Sara started mumbling but we both ignored her. The guy had his hood pulled up but I could see his blue eyes. I was about to say no but then I realised that he was wearing our school hoodie and I wasn't going to make it anywhere fast without help.

"Sure," I said.

The instant he supported Sara's other side the walk was easier. Sophie was still mumbling and the only word I heard was water. The guy laughed and I directed him to the car. He helped me get her in the car and slammed the door.

"Thanks," I whispered but he easily heard me because of the quiet.

"Your welcome," he said and then left.

I thought about calling him back but I thought better of it. I got in the car and turned the radio on so that I didn't have to listen to Sara's blabbering. Sara and I had this planned already. She was going to be staying at my house because my parents won't be home yet and then she can stay as long as she wants tomorrow.

It was painful to get her to my room which included going upstairs. I lay her out on the inflated mattress on the floor and she passed out immediately.

I stepped into the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. I must have been staring at myself for about five minutes before I started to take my makeup off. Sara was lightly snoring when I slipped into my bed.

"My head hurts," Sara moaned when she came down the next morning.

"The benefit of not drinking," I teased.

"But that is no fun," she pouted and sat down beside me.

"What do you remember?"

"Some guy helping me into the car."

"Because you are really heavy."

"No, you are too skinny and can't carry me," she teased and changed the TV channel

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Welcome to my new story

Comment and Vote

The Wise One