Chapter 30

Sienna's POV

Work was almost finished and I was glad. I love work but I was tired and it is Friday. I am a trained psychiatrist and have been for five years now. I started my own firm and made sure to start a group very similar to the Help Group. I loved that idea and I think that it still works well.

Bennett didn't end up going to college and became a police officer. I can't say I was too pleased because it is a dangerous career but he loves it so I don't complain about it and he hasn't been to a large number of dangerous situations so I am happy.

I finished the last session and headed home. I was greeted at the door by our two year old daughter, Jennifer.

"Mommy," she screamed.

I scooped her up and we headed inside. Bennett was waiting in the kitchen and he hadn't started cooking. I tried to teach him how to cook a while ago but it didn't work and I spent more time cleaning the kitchen so I gave up.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Not too bad, what about you?"

I shrugged and started to cook after putting Jennifer down. She then disappeared, probably to play with her toys.

"Have you ever thought about having another child?" I asked.

"Yeah, I would love to have a boy," Bennett teased.

We didn't mind what gender we had when we had Jennifer but Bennett was always saying that he wanted a boy but he wasn't devastated when we didn't.

"Why are you thinking about it?" Bennett asked.

"I was thinking that Jennifer should have a sibling," I lied.

Bennett must have noticed that I was lying because he started to poke me as I was cooking. I whacked his fingers with the spoon that I was holding.

"What are you hiding?" he asked.

"I might be pregnant again," I whispered.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and started to spin me.

"Ben, stop it," I screeched.

He let me down and kissed me.

"We better have a boy this time," Bennett teased.

Aiden and Ruby didn't last long after high school as couple. They split amicably and are still friends. Aiden is still single but has dated a few girls since but no one seriously. Ruby is engaged to a guy that she met at college when she became a doctor.

I kept on contact with most of our other friends but we were closest to Ruby and Aiden. Lily has a young son that is a couple of months older than Jennifer so we often meet up and the kids play together.

I didn't see any of my family that often. My parents still didn't like my career choice so they protested about that. My siblings were always busy too so they didn't have the time to visit not that I really minded.

We kept in good contact with Bennett's family. His family is really nice though so we would often go and see them.

"Our little family is getting bigger," Bennett said.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................

The Help Group is over.

Comment and Vote

The Wise One