Chapter 21

Aiden's POV

Bennett was back at school the next day. The school was covered in tinsel and Christmas decorations because it is the last week for school for Winter Break starts. He was wearing long sleeves so you can't see the burns but you can see some of the bruises on his face.

Sienna walked over to her locker and quickly left before disappearing. Everyone else started crowding Bennett and asking him what happened to him. I knew that Bennett wasn't going to talk about it and he was extremely vague about what happened.

Bennett and I walked into first period and noticed that Sienna had swapped seats. She was no longer sitting anywhere with us and now sitting in the front row. Bennett then took her seat and we started talking about baseball. I knew that he was trying to convince me to join the baseball team but I was still avoiding joining team. I didn't want to have to go out and have people rely on me in a game. There is a difference between playing with Bennett and playing a game.

I also noticed that neither Ruby nor Sienna were sitting with us at lunch. Bennett also noticed that Sara couldn't care less that Sienna was sad. I don't know why Sienna thought that Sara was her best friend when Sara clearly couldn't care.

Bennett was slightly distracted. He was picking at his food and anyone could tell that he had other things on his mind and our conversation was not one of them. I really thought that he and Sienna would last but clearly she didn't care as much about him as he did about her. Even though I have a slight crush on Sienna I'm not going to try and date her, it's not right.

"Ben, are you alright?" I asked him.

He nodded but I knew that he was lying to me. I was about to ask him but he got up, dumped his food in the trash and headed out of the cafeteria. Jesse and Kyle were talking about baseball teams so I joined in their conversation.

I glanced over at Sara and she was gossiping with Lilly and Ava instead of trying to console her heartbroken friend. I was annoyed with Sienna though. I know how many things that Bennett had done for her and she couldn't repay him.

Sienna was avoiding us for and she walked to The Help Group without me and she was talking to Ross when I walked in. I wasn't looking forward to having the session with Ross tonight because Sienna was going to be there.

Sienna was very quiet during the group. She let Ross do all the talking and, like Bennett, she was very distracted. I had the first session after the group and Sienna and Ross both headed into the private room after me.

Ross started talking to me about how my week had been. I didn't mention to him about rescuing Bennett at 3 in the morning or how annoyed I am with Sienna. Instead I mentioned the fact that Bennett and I were going out and baseball more often.

"Aiden, I'm proud that you are playing more. Do you still hear your Father when you play?" Aiden asked.

I don't know if Sienna wasn't listening but she didn't care what Ross had said about my Father. I wasn't going to lie to Ross so I shook my head. He nodded and wrote something down. Sienna blinked a couple of times and then seemed more into the conversation.

I left therapy around six and I didn't want to go home. Mom is always disappointed in me and I avoid her as much as I can. Instead of going home I headed to a local café, diner thing. I ordered a coffee and took a seat at one of the corner tables.

Someone sat opposite me and I looked up to see Ruby sitting there.

"Hey, you look like you need a friend," she said.

She ordered a coffee as well and we sat there in silence for a few minutes. Ruby was deep in her thoughts before she started a conversation.

"Hey, Aiden, what's the matter?" she asked.