Chapter 16

Sienna's POV

Bennett was slightly annoyed at me but he knew why I did it.

"What do you want for Christmas?" he asked out of the blue.

"I don't know," I said helpfully.

We were lying on the couch a few days later. I had been to the Help Group and we had eaten and neither of us had any homework.

"Great, don't hate me if you don't like it," he said as the door opened.

At first I assumed that it was Sara but she still wasn't talking to be. Mom and Dad stepped though. I hadn't seen them for a while because they had been quite busy apparently but I don't care.

"Sienna, who is this?" Mom asked.

"Mom, this is my boyfriend Bennett, Bennett these are my parents," I introduced.

"And how come you haven't invited him around for dinner?"

"You haven't been around that much," I said.

"That is true, well all your siblings are coming for the weekend with their partners so how about you come around tomorrow night, does that work for you Bennett?" she asked.

Bennett looked a little bit stuck in the middle but he did accept the invitation and even though I didn't like it but I knew that it was the right thing to do. He had to leave soon after and it left me alone with my parents.

"He looks like a charming young man, your siblings will be pleased to meet him," Mom mused.

I nodded and then quickly headed upstairs so that I didn't have to spend more time with them.

Aiden was acting very strangely whenever I saw him. He would avoid talking to me in large groups and then not spend that much time talking to me other times. Whenever we walked to the Help Group he would be quite quiet and I mentioned it to Ross. I hadn't even finished talking about it and he gave me a knowing smile.

"I know exactly what is going on. I'll talk to Aiden about it," he said.

I didn't bother asking him about it more because it was clear that he wasn't going to. Bennett was texting me the whole time asking me questions about the dinner. I knew that we were going out to some fancy restaurant so I told him to dress up and I would come and pick him up.

I headed home and saw that only my parents were there.

"Everyone else is meeting us there, hurry up and get change," Mom ordered and I quickly headed upstairs.

She had given me a dress to wear. It was light blue and mid-thigh length. It had a keyhole in the back and no sleeves. It had beads on the tops and it was very pretty. I curled my hair slightly and applied makeup and jewellery before pulling a matching pair of shoes.

Since I had never been to Bennett's place he had given me instructions. I had to walk inside which meant that I probably had to meet his parents which I kind of wanted to avoid. His younger sister opened the door and they looked exactly alike.

"You must be Sienna, he doesn't stop talking about you," she said.

"Annabelle, what did I say about opening the door," Bennett called but then stopped when he saw that it was me.

He looked at me for minute before kissing me.

"You look beautiful. My Mom wants to meet you so let's go," Bennett said.

I didn't complain about that and he climbed into the passenger's side of the car.

"Mom is convinced that she has to meet you so that is coming soon but I told her that now is not the time," he said and I started to drive towards the restaurant.