Chapter 29

Sienna's POV

I was surprised that Bennett left after what I heard him, Aiden and Ruby said about me. It took a minute to realise that it meant that I was awake. My suicide didn't work. Ruby brought the doctor in and he started talking to me about different things. I wasn't listening. I was too busy thinking about Bennett.

"Hey, Sienna, are you alright?" Ruby asked once the doctor had left.

I nodded not really sure what to say. What do you tell someone when you don't want to be alive? I don't want to have to listen to all the voices of people telling me what I should or shouldn't be doing.

Aiden was hungry so he left leaving me and Ruby. She realised that I didn't want to talk that much so luckily she didn't push me. About twenty minutes after he left Bennett came back in. He still didn't say anything and he sat back in the same seat he was in before.

I started to talk to him but he wouldn't say anything to me and I so confused. It was like he was disappointed in me but then why didn't he just leave? Aiden came back and he noticed at Bennett was back.

Aiden offered me a biscuit and I happily took it. My throat was really dry and I needed a big glass of water but I couldn't see any in the room. I had a couple of text from other friends on my phone and I could tell that these guys hadn't told them anything.

I told them that I was sick and made sure to be quite vague about it. I didn't want to mention this to anyone that wasn't in this room. I looked over to Bennett and I noticed that he was asleep.

"I don't think he slept at all last night," Aiden commented.

He looked peaceful when he was sleeping but I wanted to talk to him. I wasn't going to wake him though. Ruby had to leave the room and talk to her Mom and explain why she wasn't at school. She thought that her Mom would be fine with it though.

"What's the matter with him?" I asked Aiden.

He looked a bit confused for a second and then realised that I meant Bennett.

"I don't know but I think that I can take a pretty good guess at it," Aiden said.

"What?"

"You and Bennett have been dating for a while again, right?"

"Yeah."

"And you were both happy with it, right?"

"Yeah."

"Imagine his situation. His girlfriend just attempted to kill herself. He is wondering if it is his fault. Is she not happy with him anymore?"

I thought about this for a minute and I could see what Aiden was talking about.

"You need to talk to him before it tears you two apart."

Bennett didn't wake up for a few hours and at that point I had sent Ruby and Aiden home. They didn't need to be here and I welcomed the silence. Bennett groaned and realised that we were the only ones in the room.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. I was already sick of that question. I was awake and alive so changes are I am fine.

"We need to talk," I said.

"Duh," he said bitterly.

"I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Yeah but you did. What did you think would happen?"

"I don't know, I didn't really think."

"Then why did you do it?"

"I wanted to stop people telling me that I'm not good enough," I admitted.

"Sienna, you have friends. What about me, Aiden and Ruby? And then Lily, Jesse and all the others. We are here for you."

"I know, it's just hard to not listen to my parents."

Bennett got up from his seat and slipped into bed next to me. He wrapped an arm around me.

"I will always be here for you."

I went to school the next day. I had stiches on my forehead. The doctor told me but after I swallowed the pills I slipped unconscious and must have hit my head on the bench. Bennett must have told the rest of our friends to not ask about it because nobody did.

I noticed other people looking at the stiches during the day. Bennett had offered to go talk to my parents but I hoped that the message that the others gave them yesterday was good enough.

Bennett was right though. I shouldn't listen to them. Even though they are my parents I should be able to do what I want. I talked to Ross a bit about it yesterday during the day. Bennett had suggested it and I thought that it was a good idea.

Ross had some good ideas and it was nice to just talk about it with someone that was trained. I should be happy with the life that I have. I have a great life.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

The Help Group is almost over. There is an epilogue left and that is it

Comment and Vote

The Wise One