Chapter 12

Sienna's POV

Bennett was more than happy to let us keep our relationship on the down low. Aiden and Sara were still extremely gooey and it was driving me crazy. They were still joined at the hip. Aiden had joined us a couple more times for baseball, like right now.

Sara had joined us this time and she was sitting on the fence next to me. We weren't that close to the field but I could see that Aiden was pitching well. Bennett had told me that Aiden had joined him for a few more fitness sessions and you could see that in his pitching.

Just as I thought that the last few pitches were balls. Aiden seemed to be deep in thought and was tossing another ball in his hand. This one was also high. He didn't pick up another ball and it was deep in thought. I heard Bennett call Aiden's name but he didn't answer.

Bennett began running towards the mound but Aiden fell over. Sara jumped off the fence and ran towards him as well. I followed her. Bennett was already knelt down and had a hand on his forehead. He was burning up and he started to shake.

Suddenly he sat up and blinked twice. He quickly realised that he had collapsed on the mound. He tried to stand up but quickly fell back down. Sara wrapped an arm around him and helped him into stands. Bennett looked at me and we quickly followed them.

Aiden was sitting up and he was drinking water.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Just tired," he lied.

I looked at him and I definitely know that he was lying. He wouldn't meet my eyes as he lay out across the bench and rested his head on Sara's lap. His chest was rapidly rising and falling and it helped me understand what was happening. Aiden was having a panic attack.

Bennett must have also figured it out because we shared a knowing look. Sara still looked confused. Aiden refused to pitch another ball so Bennett and I left the couple on their own.

"You know that he had a panic attack," he said once we were out of ear shot

"Yeah, he's not going to talk us about it though," I added.

Bennett looked deep in thought as we headed in a café that Bennett liked. We ordered even though I wasn't that hungry. Bennett noticed that I was deep in thought and grabbed my hands across the table.

"You alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, just a bit worried about Aiden," I lied.

He looked at me but didn't press any further. The conversation with Bennett is really easy. It flows nicely and suddenly the waiter placed our food in front of us. Bennett quickly tucked into his but I let it sit on the plate for a minute.

"Are you going to eat that?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm just not that hungry," I lied.

He glanced at me while continuing to eat.

"Are you sure? You never seem to eat that much," he commented.

I didn't want to talk to him about it so I just shrugged. He stared at me more and I piled food on my fork just so that I didn't have to look him in the eye.

"When you want to tell me the truth then come and talk to me," Bennett said before standing up.

I went to say something but he had left the café before I could. I dropped my fork and sat there staring at his empty seat.

"So, Aiden, Sienna told me about the baseball incident," Ross said at his private session on Monday.

"Yeah, I thought that I had it under control," Aiden said.