Chapter 20

Sienna's POV

Bennett wasn't at my house the next morning because I was going to ask him about the phone call. Sara was there later so we walked from my house to school. Bennett wasn't outside my locker but Aiden was which confused me.

"Do you know where Bennett is?" I asked.

"Yeah, he isn't here and he wants me to tell you that he wants you to go to his house after school," Aiden snapped.

I wasn't used to Aiden's bitter attitude so it made me jump.

"What about the Help Group?" I asked.

"I'll tell Ross that you are busy. If I was Bennett I wouldn't want to see you again," Aiden said and left.

I was so confused about what Aiden was talking about. Sara had disappeared when the conversation started and I was glad that she didn't hear the rest of the conversation. I would hate her to accidentally tell my parents.

Aiden avoided me for the rest of the day. I don't know where he was at lunch but he wasn't sitting with us and since he seemed to be angry with me I didn't both looking for him. I called Ross and told him that I was busy and he was fine with that. I didn't take that many days off so he was fine with it as long as I came tomorrow which I was planning on.

I told Sara that I was going to see Bennett which was the truth and she just assumed that I meant to see how sick he was or wasn't and I didn't bother correcting her. Bennett's house was close so I walked there. His Mother opened the door and I was surprised that she wasn't working.

"Hey, Ella, I'm here to see Bennett," I said.

"Of course, he's in his room," she said.

"I thought that you would be working," I said just as I was about to go upstairs.

"I took the day off, I decided that Bennett needed me more," she told me before disappearing.

I opened Bennett's door and he was lying in bed, reading. His face had a very clear handprint on it and many other purple or blue bruises. He noticed me standing the doorway. He pushed away the covers and I noticed that there were more bruises and burns up his arms.

"What happened?" I asked and sat down on the end of the bed.

"Aiden said that he wouldn't tell you but I think that you should know," he said.

Bennett's POV

"Ben, can you go and get some milk?" Mom called from the kitchen.

Annabelle and Dad were upstairs and he was putting her to bed. I knew that there was no point arguing with her and I didn't mind the walk so I grabbed the money off her and headed outside.

It was already nice at night but I didn't mind the dark and I was walking under street lights. I heard footsteps behind me and I noticed Sienna's cousin, Isla.

"Hey, Isla, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Looking for you actually. I wanted to talk to you about Sienna," she said.

"What about her?" I asked sceptical.

"What are her weaknesses?"

"Why should I tell you?" I asked.

I heard more footsteps behind me and I saw Jack. I didn't see him for long because he hit me over the head with a bat.

I woke up with a pounding headache and tied to a chair with my feet and hands tied. Isla and Jack where joined by the third sibling, Harry. They were all wearing black and walking round me. I was scared of them but I wasn't letting them know that.