Chapter 28

Aiden's POV

Bennett called me around nine. He was concerned about Sienna. He filled me in with the situation with her parents and the cryptic text at lunch. He had made Sienna promise that she would call him when the conversation was finished and she still hadn't and she would have got home around two hours ago.

I called Ruby as well and we decided that we should go talk to her. Bennett was stressed out so I suggested that to help him calm down. Bennett borrowed his parent's car and came and picked us both up.

The drive was silent and I could see how nervous Bennett was getting because his knuckles were clenched on the steering wheel and he was deep in thought.

"Ben, it will be fine," Ruby said.

He turned around and looked at her and he gave her a weak smile. He pulled up into the driveway. I was the last one to get out of the car and we headed to the door. Bennett knocked and no one answered after a few minutes.

I pushed the door and it swung open. There was no one sitting the in the lounge but we called Sienna's name anyway.

"She's probably upstairs," Bennett said.

I hadn't been to Sienna's house that many times so I didn't know where I was going. Bennett walked into Sienna's room but she wasn't there. I glanced at the piano in the middle of the room. I didn't know that Sienna played.

Ruby headed into the bathroom and screamed. Bennett and I followed her in. Sienna was lying on the floor and had a massive cut across her forehead. Bennett knelt down beside her and I could see that Ruby was about to be sick.

"Ruby, call an ambulance," Bennett said and she quickly left the room.

I also left to see if Sienna's parents were around but I couldn't see them. I think I looked in every room and when I returned Bennett was sitting on the floor and he looked so dejected. I looked at him and I noticed that he was holding an empty container and then I knew what had happened.

Sienna had attempted to commit suicide.

We weren't allowed in the ambulance so Bennett drove us to the hospital. I knew that he didn't bother calling her parents or any of our other friends. There wouldn't be anything that they could do anyway.

Bennett walked up to the hospital reception to ask what condition she was in and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't tell him anything because he isn't family.

"She is in room 307," Bennett said.

"How did you figure that out?" Ruby asked.

"I'm Tomas Adams, Aiden is Kyle and you are Taylor. They asked for ID and a made a big deal about finding out my sister was in hospital and didn't bring idea. They then told me," Bennett said.

The room was calm. Sienna was still unconscious on the bed and she looked really pale. Bennett took and seat furthest from the door and Ruby and I shared the other one that was slightly larger. Doctors came and went but Sienna still didn't wake.

It was well into the next day before any of us left. Ruby went to the bathroom and I went to hunt down food. I asked Bennett if he wanted to come with me but he refused to leave. I needed to get out of the room and be able to breathe.

Ruby and I had both slept through the night and I could see that Bennett hadn't slept and I could also see how nervous he was.

I returned and Ruby was already there and so were two people that I didn't recognise but I guessed that they were Sienna's parents given the way the Bennett was glaring at them.

"Bennett, you aren't supposed to be in here," her Mother said.

"I care more about Sienna then you ever could," Bennett snapped.

"I thought that you were a nicer boy than that," her Father said.

"You don't give a shit about Sienna and you know it."

"I care what career she should go into. We talked about it last night."

"Just because you and the rest of your fucked up family has a problem with psychiatrists doesn't mean that you shouldn't be supportive and allow her to be what she wants."

"Sienna is such a bad influence on you. You were much nicer and more polite than this," Sienna's Mother said.

Bennett was furious about this. Ruby was still sitting down because she didn't like the confrontation sort of things so she was staying out of it.

"You don't realise how great of a person Sienna is," I added.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Aiden and I am Sienna's friend who clearly know more about her then you do," I told him.

Neither of them looked particular impressed with me.

"I don't see why you are so in love with Sienna."

"Because she is kind."

"And honest."

"And really helpful."

Bennett and I continued on listing everything that we liked about Sienna and even Ruby helped from time to time with her own ideas. Neither of the two adults in the room liked the three of us telling them that they were wrong so they left the room swearing that we would never let us see Sienna again.

We sat there in silence I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Sienna was sitting in the bed. Bennett was the first one to notice that and Sienna saw all three of us in the room. Bennett glanced at Sienna for a second and he fled the room.

We all watched the door shut behind him and we were all so confused.

"What just happened?" Sienna asked.

Ruby and I just shrugged as we were just as confused.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One