Chapter 7

Sienna's POV

Aiden disappeared towards the bathroom and everyone's eyes were following him. Sara looked extremely concerned and Bennett was deep in though. Aiden had made it pretty clear that he didn't want anyone going after him so we stayed by the baseball field instead.

No one knows much about Aiden except that he did play baseball. The bell rang and we all disbanded to our class and I was heading with Bennett and Sara. She was clearly panicking and Bennett was attempting to calm her down.

"Look, Sara I'll go find him," I said and excused myself from the class.

I knew a few hiding places around the school that he might be hiding in because I am 99% sure that he still isn't in the bathroom.

He was hiding behind the school. It was a small place and he was leaning against the wall and had his knees pulled to his chest and his arms wrapped around him. I sat down beside him and mimicked his sitting position given the space.

"Sara is extremely worried about you," I said when he didn't say anything.

"I'm just confused," he said and his voice was very shaky.

"Hey, we are friends, you can come to me and anyone else," I said and wrapped an arm around him.

His shoulders tensed like he seemed surprised by me. He started to say something and then his voice was so shaky that he had to stop talking.

"Aiden, it's fine, just calm down and come to class. I know that Sara wants to talk to you," I said and offered him a hand to help him up which he took. I didn't ask him anything else and we headed towards our class.

Sara looked at us when we came in and I shook my head and she understood. I was telling her not to ask Aiden anything. He was pretty knocked up at the moment and I wanted him to calm down. Bennett looked up from his phone and looked mildly surprised when he saw that I had found Aiden.

The day came that my siblings where finally headed away so that I didn't have to deal with them again and I settled back into my normal routine of cooking dinner for myself. I stood in the kitchen before trying to decide what I was going to make. My inspiration was extremely low to make anything.

I reached for my phone to call Sara but I knew that she was out on a date with Aiden so I didn't want to disturb them. As I was scrolling through my contacts I saw Bennett's number and I called him. He answered after the second ring and you could hear him telling someone to be quiet.

"Hey, Sienna," he said and I could hear his footsteps walking around.

"Hey, are you doing anything?" I asked.

"Nothing except getting annoyed at my sister," he said.

"Do you want to come and make food with me?"

"What? Like now?"

"Yeah, my parents are out and I don't have any idea what to cook."

"I can't cook though."

"I don't mind," I told him before rattling off my address.

He appeared about ten minutes later and I hadn't got any further into deciding what I was going to make. I had a bunch of book sitting on the kitchen bench that I was also sitting on. If either of my parents were here they would kill me.

Bennett came in and joined me on the bench.

"What are we making, Chef?" he asked.

"I don't know, pick something," I said and dumped a pile of book on him. He pretended to keel over and I just pushed him. He began flicking through the books and shoved a page under my nose.