Chapter 1: Loud Noises

A\N : Hey I hope you guys enjoy this!

__________________________

Chapter 1:

Joey's P.O.V

CRASH!!

BANG!!

I gasped and sat up in my bed with a start. The loud noises continued from the living room.

Quickly I scrambled out of my bed and ran to my door. I peeked my head out the door to the hallway, when I saw no one I moved silently towards the stairs and slid down the banister. No one heard me due to the loud noises.

Turning around and moving towards the living room I gasped.

"Mommy!! Daddy!!"

Laying there before my eyes my parents laid on the blood stained white carpet motionless. Their chests didn't move and I raced forward to them, but I was too late they were dead. My eyes turned black and I snarled looking for their killer and before me stood a very wounded large wolf.

Suddenly the anger was too much to handle and I leaped forward shifting mid-leap into a small jet black wolf. I landed on the wolf more than three times my size and bite and clawed at his neck.

Due to me being so young and small he threw me off easily and I crashed into the television and thudded to the ground. The large wolf moved closer 'You are no match for me little girl.' Opening his jaws he leaned back about to lunge and kill me.

I closed my eyes I knew I was going to die. Only 5 years old and I was going to die. I was fiery and fierce for my age but I was still just a pup. I waited for the attack but it never came.

Slowly I opened my eyes to see my attacker dead. My heartbeat thundering in my ears had caused me to miss my hero coming to my rescue.

The large brown shaggy wolf stood before me panting heavily and watched me. Telepathically he asked 'Are you okay?' Slowly I nodded and got to my paws. 'W-who are you?' I stuttered. The large wolf didn't answer and just watched me. 'Go upstairs and get your things we have to leave.'

Without even questioning my savior further I raced up the stairs and shifted back into my human form and went to my room dressing and packing my clothes into the only 2 bags I had.

Once my clothes were packed I grabbed my one stuffed animal, a fluffy black wolf. Thinking for a moment then quickly ran and grabbed a picture of my parents and I at our last family picnic. Tears formed in my eyes as I packed the picture. I threw my backpack over my shoulder and carried the blue duffel bag down the stairs.

I was terrified but I felt oddly safe with the large wolf that stood before me. It was probably only because he had just saved my life. Without him I'd be wolf chow. I owed him everything and I didn't even know his name. He stood there still as a wolf when I came down he took the duffel into his jaws then bent down slightly so I could hop onto his back. As soon as I was he ran out the open door and straight for the forest.