Chapter 11: Dying

Chapter 11:

Blake's P.O.V.

The Alpha was going to kill me for disobeying but I don't care. I needed to find Joey. No matter what it takes. I just kept running my paws pounding against the forest floor. I was deep into Shadow Pack Territory and still had yet to meet a single wolf. Something was very wrong.

Lost in thought I hadn't noticed the large brown wolf charging at me until his large body crashed into mine.

We rolled but I managed to throw him off. I snarled and recognized not only the male's scent but also Joey's. This pissed me off and I lunged at him.

He saw it coming and dodged my attack and while I stumbled and turned he leaped pinning me to the ground. His teeth sunk deep into my throat and I yelped in pain.

His claws racked my stomach and the pain was unbearable I was losing too much blood. I shoved him off with what strength I had left and tried to get to my paws just as he smashed into me throwing me backwards into a tree. Just as I smashed into it and slumped to the ground I heard a scream in the distance. 'Joey...' I was losing to much blood. I was dying. Opening my eyes I saw her run forward an scream something but I lost consciousness before I could hear what it was.

Logan's P.O.V.

I knew he would go after her so when I returned I called in my best warriors. As soon as they had arrived we set out. After crossing the border we speed up hot on Blake's trail.

The sound of Joey's screams echoed throughout the trees. This angered me no one was going to hurt my little girl unless they had a death wish. Snarling I speed up going faster then I ever had before.

The first thing I saw was Joey's limp body and a large brown wolf standing over her. A snarl left my lips and I launched myself at him. Hurling him away from Joey. Anger surged throughout me as I ripped the wolf's throat out. 'I should've done this over 12 years ago.' I watched as the male died.

I smirked and quickly went to Joey and nudged her and mind linked her 'Wake up sweetheart.' She groaned slightly and her eyes fluttered open "uncle Logan." Then her eyes fell shut again. I quickly picked her up onto my back.

'Grab him we need to get back into our own territory.' A few of my warriors nodded and they lifted Blake onto their shoulders. As quickly and gently as we could we returned to our territory. Where my Luna and the pack doctor were waiting.

The Luna ran to me picking up Joey in her arms dropping the bag of clothes she'd been holding. Gently she set Joey on the ground "Oh my baby!" She exclaimed and looked at Dr. Collins. "Aaron do something!" She had tears forming in her eyes.

I quickly grabbed a pair of shorts from the bag and ran behind a tree and shifted pulling on the blue shorts.

Then I raced to my family while the others set Blake down next to Joey and went to shift and put clothes on. Dr. Collins bent down and examined Joey. "She doesn't have any physical wounds. I need to tend to Blake."

He moved towards the unconscious wolf. He took out a syringe and injected it into Blake's thigh. Soon he was no longer in wolf form but in human. His wounds had already started healing but not quick enough.

Dr. Collins skilled hands moved quickly as he began to patch up Blake. I was to busy looking at Joey trying to wake her up.

A groan escaped her lips and her eyes fluttered open. A sigh of relief left my lips. "Joey."

Joey's P.O.V.

I couldn't remember anything after seeing my mate laying on the ground unmoving. Even though he made me so angry sometimes the thought of him dead almost killed me myself. My whole body just shut down. As if it couldn't comprehend the thought.

Slowly I opened my eyes at the sound of my Uncle's voice. I groaned. My whole body ached in pain. Why did I hurt so much? I looked to my left and saw Blake still unconscious. Alive. That's all that mattered. He was alive. A sigh escaped my lips and I slowly sat up with the help of my Uncle. I moved closer to Blake. I leaned down and my lips softly touched his. Within moments he began to wake up. Yes I know sounds like one if those fairy tales but that wasn't the case. The moment my lips had touched his his wolf went wild and woke him from his unconscious state. I knew he was awake the moment his hand went to my cheek. I pulled away. My whole body felt like it was on fire. My wolf was in a frenzy and full of excitement. I opened my eyes looking right into his forest green ones an whispered. "I'm your biggest mistake." His eyes filled with confusion and he watched me as I stood and wiped the dirt from my clothes. Without even a glance back at him I walked away. My power radiating off of me. I was ready. Power surged throughout me. My Alpha blood kicking in. Right now no one would've picked a fight with me. I was going to make his life a living hell. Rejecting me was his biggest mistake and now I was going to show him.