Chapter 18: Forgiving Liars

Chapter 18:

Joey's P.O.V.

How many days had passed? Weeks maybe? My sense of time had disappeared. I hadn't shifted since Blake's betrayal.

Multiple times I found myself appearing at the edge of the treelike looking upon my families pack house. Thoughts had surrounded me as I stared out at the large Pack Mansion and realized they had a reason to send me away.

Again I found myself staring at the familiar green grass that stretched out in front of the large white mansion. Today was the day I'd return to them. Today is the day I'd forgive them.

Shifting quickly i glanced around and walked up to a tree. Reaching up where I hid a stash of spare clothes i dressed quickly. Then slowly I made my way walking towards the front door.

Hesitating on the front steps I knocked once and was about to turn and run when none other than Uncle Logan. I mean my father. Opened the door. "Oh Joey!" He scooped me up into his arms and crushed me into the biggest bear hug I'd ever had. Tears flowed down my cheeks and I hugged him back. "Daddy."

I heard gentle footsteps coming down the stairs and a familiar vanilla scent hit my nose. "Mommy!" I looked up and our Luna was running towards us. The three of us stood tree for what seemed like forever but I didn't care I was home. I know what they did was wrong but they did it to protect me. An now they were going to explain themselves.

__________________________

I hope you all like the ending I've chosen. Yes I know this is short but I'm home sick today and I thought I'd at least give you something.