Chapter 13: Betrayed

Chapter 13:

Joey's P.O.V.

Every year at the end of January out school holds a winter ball. The theme every year is Winter Wonderland but there's never any real snow. So the school blasts the air conditioners and decorates the whole first floor turning it into a winter wonderland.

This is the first year I'm actually going and I even have a date. When I walked in from school today and told my Aunt Lily and Uncle Logan that Luke was taking me to the Winter Ball it was...well lets just say I never saw it coming. My aunt practically jumped with joy and hugged me so tight I almost stopped breathing. Almost. However my uncle was less enthusiastic. He crossed his arms and watched us. My aunt let go of me and went over and swatted his nose. "Oh Mr. Big Bad Alpha lighten up. You've known Luke since he was born. It's not like they're going to run off and make puppies. " that caused him to turn bright red an his eyes widened a I started to laugh. "Trust me. This virgin will still be a virgin when she comes back. " my uncle hid his face in his hands and groaned. "Oh my god. " he was redder than a tomato and I couldn't help but laugh more. "Virginator away. " I giggled the whole way to my room when he practically had a heart attack while my aunt giggled right along with me. Oh how I love to tease my uncle. He was practically my father. Just like Lily was like my mother.

I didn't remember my parents at all. I had fuzzy memories of them. I sighed and flopped onto the bed. Staring up at the ceiling I didn't notice the knocking on my window until it opened. I looked over and saw Kira slipping in. "hiya!" I chuckled "there's a front door for a reason."

She made a face "Pfft. Front doors are so last year." We look at each other and burst into laughter. Oh how I love this girl. She's been my best friend forever. I don't know what I'd do without her.

She grinned, "So how is the whole make Blake jealous thing working out?" I smiled, "Perfectly. Luke's even taking me to the Winter Ball. Which means you have to come too. It should be a great night." She groaned, "But I hate dances. Parties I like. Dances nope." I made the cutest puppy dog face "Please. It will be no fun without you."

She groaned, "Fine. But only if I get to pick out the dresses and you have to wear heels."

I groaned at the word heels, "Oh alright. I'm already wearing leathered boots with heels. One night in those strappy things you call heels won't kill me. " I paused, "Right?"

She giggled and grabbed my hand and dragged me into my closet all the way into the back in a hidden cupboard where I hid all my dresses. She opened the double doors and sifted through the dresses until she found what she was looking for. A long white elegant gown with beautiful swirls of sequins and beading. It was a single strapped dress that flowed all the way to the ground. "This is what your wearing. With those heels I got you for your birthday. "

I sighed, "Fine. Ill get Aunt Lily to do our hair." She grinned "Perfect."

Luke's P.O.V.

I was shooting hoops with a couple of guys when someone from behind shove me to the ground. I knew who it was before I even turned around. It was Blake.

"You need to stay away from Joey." He snarled at me. I easily got to my feet. "Hey your the one that rejected her. It's not my fault she moved on to better people." That really ticked him off and he swung at me his fist connecting with my jaw. I didn't hesitate to punch him back. My fist connected with his nose and I heard a crunching noise as it broke from the impact.

This only caused him to get angrier. He then swung again this time at my gut and it knocked the wind out of me and I landed on the ground. He didn't hesitate and started kicking me with his steel toe boots.