Chapter 2: Mate

I know Chapter 1 was kinda short but i'll try and make up for it. Hope you guys love Chapter 2!!

__________________________

Chapter 2

Joey's P.O.V

11 years had passed since that day and I still couldn't forget it. Me and my savior, who's name turned out to be Logan, had run for miles until we had left the state of Kentucky. We kept on running until one day we ended up in a small town in Tennessee. Since then I've lived in the Blue Moon Pack's house. Guess who their Alpha was. That's right Uncle Logan. Turned out him and my mom were brother and sister.

"Jo?"

"Joey?"

"Joey Raine Moon!"

Suddenly I snapped out of my daze and blinked "Wha?"

Rolling her bright blue topaz eyes my best friend, Kira, "okay are you back from lala land yet?" She teased me and I stuck my tongue out at her. "Yeah yeah now what was so important?"

Smirking as she glanced to the right of them at the popular table. To which she use to sit. I sighed and she turned and looked at me a big grin on her face as if they meant nothing to her now "I was trying to ask you if you were coming over tonight to get ready for Jake's party at 10."

I looked at her "I wasn't exactly invited. I'm not one of the popular people" I mad quotations with my fingers as I said the last 2 words and Kira chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"So? Everyone else is going! Even weirdo Willie."

Sighing I gave in. I knew that if I didn't now we'd be here forever until she got her way. "If I say i'll go can I finish my lunch?"

Grinning she pulled me into a best hug "yay! Don't forget to text your uncle and tell him your coming home with me after school." I just rolled my eyes and finished my sandwich.

I stood and grabbed my bag and tray with Kira mirroring my actions and we dumped our trash and left the lunchroom for our next class. Kira skipped ahead to her locker and I chuckled watching as her long golden hair bounced.

The hall was empty so acting silly didn't matter. My best friend was by far one of the most beautiful girls in our school. Her and her twin Chelsea were identical. They did everything together until last month when Chelsea had found her mate Zachary. The sad news was he was part of one of the neighboring packs so Chelsea was barely ever around anymore. Though we missed her like crazy we knew that having a mate was better than anything in the world. So when Chels had gone off to be with her mate her one true love no one tried to stop her.

Blinking quickly I snapped back into reality as the loud bell rang for 6th period to start. I grabbed Kira's arm and dragged her off to class. We made it to the door just as the hallways swarmed. Together, as usual, Kira and I walked into Chemistry and took our normal seats in the back of class.

I watched as the rest of the class filled in and as the teacher stood. "Today class I have assigned you all new partners for the remaining 2 months of school." There was a series of loud groans. Mainly from the jocks and popular people. I just rolled my eyes.

Mr. Murphy continued talking and completely ignored the groans. His goofy smile still remained on his face. "Everyone stand. " reluctantly everyone did. Quickly he started calling off names and pointing to seats. I zoned out until I heard my name and looked to where he was pointing. Sighing the middle of the classroom go figure. The name that came after mine shocked me. "Blake Taylor." I heard one of the jocks groan as he realized he had to sit next to me.

His disappointment didn't phase me. I knew I wasn't popular and I had only a small group of friends and Blake definitely was not one of them. I sat in my seat and didn't look at him as he huffed and sat in the seat next to me.

Mr. Murphy kept calling out names and Kira ended up at the table behind me with James. Wasn't she just so lucky. James I actually didn't mind. When Mr. Murphy finished and returned to his desk a kid younger than the rest of us raised his hand. "Mr. Murphy?" The teacher looked up at him "yes?" "Can I open the window?" The teacher nodded his head once then went and picked up a box and started to hand 3 microscope slides to every table. When the kid finally opened the window a warm breeze blew through and I stiffened in my seat. A strong sent hit me like a bus. It was so intoxicating. It clouded my mind beyond belief and only one thing registered. A single word 'Mate'