Chapter 2

Niall pulled into my driveway at exactly 6 o'clock. He's so punctual! I placed all of the food on the table and walked over to open the door. He's wearing a button down, khakis, and loafers, holding a dozen white roses. I'm wearing a blue, knit skirt, a plain, salmon blouse, and a blue accessory scarf. Slight makeup. I'm not one to cover my entire face. Eye shadow, top eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss.

Niall stepped into the main area of my house, slid off his shoes, and handed me the flowers. "You seem classy, and elegant, yet, a bit of a rebel, and too smart to go for red. I feel white suits you." He winked at me.

"Thanks... I think." I looked at the ground, slightly confused.

"It's a big compliment. I wasn't sure how to word it." I looked up and smiled at him.

"You can follow me to the dining room. Everything is ready. Would you like something to drink?"

"What do you have?"

"Water, sparkling apple juice, or grape, I wasn't sure which one you prefer."

"Grape is fine. Thanks!"

I walked to the kitchen to get my mom's good wine glasses. Maybe that's not my best idea. I get so clumsy when I'm nervous! I put my hand up so I can see it shaking, rapidly at that. Ok. Definitely not the good ones. The knock offs will do! I grab two glasses, the sparkling grape juice and head back to the dining room. I poured us both some juice, handed Niall his glass, and sat down. Since it's just me and my mom that live here, our table is quite small. I'm sure you're wondering where she is. She's on a cruise for business. Don't ask me what she does because I have no idea! But, she'll be gone for a week or so. She was going to take me with her, but, since I'm a part time college student, and part time party planner, I have way too much I'd have to get covered; especially because it's almost Halloween. Everyone loves having huge bashes right around this time of year. Ok. I'm off topic now! Back to Niall! He's eating very little. Is the food bad or does he not want to pig out in front of me?

"How is everything?" I ask him.

"It's all delicious!"

"Are you just saying that?"

"No, why?"

"You've hardly eaten any of it. So unlike you!" We both chuckle.

"I don't want to fill up before dessert." He winked. Ummm... What kind of dessert? Kisses? Hugs? That? Or actual dessert? I can't just ask him that! That's so awkward! He did wink... Oh man! I am not prepared for this! Wait... Does he actually think that I'm that kind of girl? This is going to be very interesting...