Chapter 9

The nurse told me to use the wheelchair for a month but I don't have a ramp for the stairs yet. I grabbed the crutches that were leaning against the wall next to my bed and stood up. I hobbled to the bathroom to do my hair and brush my teeth. I heard failed whispering and crashing metal from pots and pans. I think I found the boys! I let one crutch slide down the stairs, hopped on one foot while guiding myself with the railing and the other crutch. Talent! I picked the other one up and headed to the kitchen, which is a disaster, by the way! There's flour spread all over the floor, counters, and on their faces. Something tells me that they're used to this! Louis must've seen me out of the corner of his eye or something because he came over and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning! How'd you sleep?" He asked me.

"Like a baby!"

"That must've been why you were cooing in your sleep!" Harry said, laughing. He was mixing some sort of batter. Either it's chocolate pancakes or he's making brownies. I am perfectly fine with either!

"Oh, stop it, Harold." Louis told him, jokingly. He looked back over to me. "You didn't coo. But, you did try to make out with Niall in your sleep!"

"And you were successful! Can't say I can complain! Morning, beautiful! You should really stay off that foot! Liam, can you please pull out a chair for Isabelle and set something soft on another one so she can elevate and rest it?" Niall kissed me and Liam did as he was told. I hobbled over to the chair next to the wall and rested my leg on the other.

"You know... This whole injury is really throwing me off! I can't stand not being able to move! I need to clean, dance, organize, party plan, something!"

"Honey, you haven't even had it a full day yet."

"I know! How am I going to make it all the way to January?!" Just then, the front door was unlocked. My mom came through the doorway and ran into the kitchen. "Mom! What are you doing here?!"

"I was switched over to a fourth ship which was coming straight back here so I hopped on and here I am! Surprise!" She came over and gave me a hug. She stood straight up.

"Oh, I didn't know that you would have... Company..."

"Mom, this is Liam, Louis, Zayn, Harry, and my boyfriend, Niall." They all waved.

"Hello. It's nice to meet all of you. I'm Isabelle's mom." She waved back.

"Hi, Isabelle's mom!" They said in unison. Harry flung the spoon up, splattering the batter onto the cupboards. My mom looked at the boys and back to me.

"So, I'm guessing, you just woke up and you came down here to see where they went and they were trying to surprise you with a breakfast but didn't know how to be quiet so they just ended up spoiling it, completely?"

"How'd you know?!

"Lucky guess. How are you feeling?"

"Better. My leg is still bugging me a lot but I wouldn't let Niall go fill my..." I was cut off because a man ran into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around my mother. She started giggling as he smothered his face in her neck. My mom hasn't been with anyone since my dad left her, over fifteen years ago.

"Everyone, this is..." She started.

"Dad!" Niall shouted. "What the hell?!"

"Oh... Uh... Hi, son."

"What the hell are you doing here?!" He's starting to turn red. I'm surprised smoke hasn't started coming out of his ears yet! I just remembered... Niall called his dad and he said that he was with my mom. I didn't think that they would end up getting on the same replacement ship...