Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning and patted the bed next to me. I felt something there. I, quickly, turned to my left to see if Niall was there. Nope. It was just a pillow. I must've dreamt that. I sighed and got up and headed towards the bathroom to brush my teeth. I headed downstairs to make myself breakfast. I walked down the carpeted steps and started to smell bacon and eggs. My mom can't be home yet. I turned the corner and saw a firmiliar looking blonde boy standing at my stove.

"Morning, beautiful!" He said, walking over and kissing me.

"Good morning. What are you doing up so early?" I looked at the apple clock hanging on the wall. 6:00 a.m.

"You told me you usually wake up at 5:30, so, when your alarm went off, I woke up and decided to let you sleep in and surprise you with breakfast. Are you surprised?"

"Very! I never knew you cooked."

"I don't, usually. I always had to cook for my dad, because he couldn't and when he wasn't around, I had to learn to take care of myself. But, now, Harry, Liam, and Louis usually do all the cooking."

"So, what do you know how to make?" I asked him, sitting down on a bar stool under the counter.

"Maybe I could make you dinner tonight and show you."

"You really don't have to do that."

"No one ever said I had to. I want to. So, what do we have planned for this beautiful Sunday?"

"I have four phone calls to make about cakes, decorations, and reservations. Then, I have a meeting with a mother and daughter at 11 for her birthday party. Guess what the theme is!"

"I'm going to guess One Direction."

"Nope. The theme is Niall Horan. She wants Irish flags, your face on a cake, the whole nine yards! Everything is going to be white, orange, and green."

"Oh, man! Should I even be seen during this meeting?"

"Well, it would help if you could keep the daughter company so the mother and I can work this all out in a timely manner. Plus, it's a surprise party. The girl thinks the party is for her dad's birthday. Her mom is just going off of everything she knows about you because her daughter is 'in love' with you." I did air quotes around 'in love.'

"What should I do with her?"

"Quiz her on 1D stuff. Don't tell her anything personal because you never know what she's gonna do." He looked at me with suspicion in his eyes. "Really? Do I look like that kind of girl? I tell the truth, but I also know how to keep a secret. This girl doesn't kiss and tell." Niall started singing Kiss and Tell by Justin Bieber.

"Tell me, are you gonna kiss, kiss and tell? Tell me, are you gonna kiss, kiss and tell? Tell me, are you gonna kiss me, then tell everybody? You got me twisted bout your lips, girl. Are you gonna kiss and tell?" I shut him up with a kiss. It seemed appropriate. Once we broke from the kiss, I looked at him and said, "Niall, remember, I'm not Maria."

He started singing, again. "Maria! Why you goin play me like that?"

"Honestly, this is sort of creepy. You know more of his songs than I do... And I listen to his music all the time!"

"Uh... Thanks!" He said, very sarcastically.

"I listen to yours, too! But, just your part."

He smirked at me.

Before I knew it, it was 10:30. I had to rush upstairs to get ready. I showered, grabbed all of my binders, folders, and such, and put them in a neat pile on my desk. I got dressed. I'm wearing a pink blouse and jeans. I grabbed the pile off my desk and ran downstairs. I noticed that everything was clean.