Chapter 27

A confession, really? Why must he bring this up now? Well, I guess I'm not any better at picking appropriate moments. I did kind of ruin a lot of things with this surprise. Why am I rubbing off on him?

"What's your confession, babe?" I ask, sweetly, holding his hand. He closes his eyes, taking a deep breath, then looks at me.

"I kind of, sort of, possibly, might have known that you were pregnant before you told me."

"How could you have possibly known before me... The female?"

"Girls have three different moods; when's she's pregnant, on her period, and normal."

"How many girls have you been with to know this?"

"Iz, you know I've been with other girls but they hadn't hit the pregnancy stage... Not that I'm aware of, at least."

"Then, how do you know that?"

"I have a mother and two sisters, it's pretty obvious."

"True, but still."

"Still what?"

"I don't understand how you knew before me."

"Let me paint you a picture... I came to back town in May, right?" I nod. "Okay, and the day I came back, we, you know, correct?" I nod again. "The next week, you had weird cravings-" I cut him off.

"Pickles and ice cream isn't that weird."

"I know that you like it but not everyone does. However, you were also craving banana peppers and grape jelly."

"That's another really good snack."

"Isabel, you're a freak," I drop my head and frown. He grabs my chin and tilts it up. "But you're my freak," I smile and he quickly kisses me. "Anyway, your stomach was a little larger as time progressed. I couldn't just ask you, though. I figured if you knew, you would've told me."

"You're too observant, Louis William Tomlinson," He shyly laughs.

"Oh, that reminds me! Shouldn't we pick out a name for our child?"

"May not be a bad idea. I've always loved the names Avery, Halie, Lily, and Emilie."

"I really like Emilie. And her middle name could be... Hope."

"Emilie Hope Tomlinson is perfect."

"Hello, hello! Have we decided on a name yet?" The nurse cheers as she walks into the room.

"Yes we have, Emilie Hope Tomlinson," I say.

"Spelling please," She holds up her clipboard and a pen.

"E-m-i-l-i-e-H-o-p-e-T-o-m-l-i-n-s-o-n."

"Very good, and how are you feeling, Isabel?"

"Really good, thank you."

"Perfect, and if all goes well tonight, you can leave tomorrow."

"Awesome!"

"I'll be back in a little while to check up. Emilie will need to be fed soon. Are you breast feeding or bottle feeding?"

"I'd like to try breast feeding."

"Very good, I'll be back soon."

"Thanks," She walks out. "Hey, Lou?"

"Yeah?"

"We have an issue."

"What's that?"

"We have a baby now and nothing for her."