Chapter 18

I run up the stairs so I can talk to Isabel. My smile is the widest it's ever been. I'm practically skipping down the hallway. As I reach her bedroom door, I stop and think for a moment. Should I be a jerk and act pissed at her or should I go in there and be honest? Both it is! I transform my face to look mad and walk into her room. I do not like the side of her that I'm looking at.

*Isabel*

My vision is blurry, my eyes are red and puffy, my head is pounding, and I can't help but wonder, why doesn't Louis believe me? I notice something standing at my door out of the corner of my eye. I turn my head to find myself looking at the man of the hour, himself... Mr. Louis Tomlinson. I quickly wipe my eyes and tell him to come in. 

"What did Niall say?" I ask, choking a little bit from crying. He walks in and joins me on my bed.

"He said that you wouldn't remember the incident because you were drunk."

"Wait, what?" I'm really confused. 

"You drank a lot and you told him that you wanted to make a baby with him." 

"And he listened to me?!"

"I guess so."

"Do you hate me now?"

"Not exactly..."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"The baby's mine."

"I thought it was Niall's..."

"The woman who called earlier read two different charts."

"Then, how did you find out about my being drunk and Niall taking advantage of me?"

"Another secretary called after he told me."

"What did she say?"

"She said that the baby is one hundred percent mine."

"How do you feel about that?"

"I'm really happy for three reasons. One because we don't have to worry about custody issues. Two because I want the responsibility of this child. Three because I can prank Niall and he won't know when or how it's coming."

"That's what you're going to do because he slept with me while I was drunk?"

"Oh, no, no, no. We're going to get him back for sleeping with you while you were intoxicated."

"And your plan for this event?"

"We're going to tell him that Nando's went out of business. He takes something I love, we take something he loves. It'll be even."

"When are we going to get him?"

"Well, you're pregnant so you're supposed to have cravings out the wazoo."

"I've noticed, Lou," I chuckle. "How does this help us?"

"You could say that you're craving Nando's and send me out to get it. When I come back without it, you'll flip out then I'll have to explain that they went out of business. How much do you want to bet that he will cry?"

"Sounds like a plan. We should probably go downstairs and carry on the conversation, though."

"Might not be a bad idea. You're not walking, though."

"Louis, you do realize that I can use my feet, right?"

"I know... but I like carrying you because you're my girl." He smiled. 'My girl.' That's the best thing he could call me. I'm not 'babe' or 'baby.' Those mean nothing to me.