Chapter 3

"What do you mean by 'dessert?'" I asked him, a little nervous on what his answer may be.

He looked at me and smiled. "You know what kind of dessert, cutie." He winked again. Oh, man!

"Niall, I like you... A lot. Trust me. But we just met. The only things I know about you are the things I hear from Twitter, magazines, and online. But, you don't really know anything about me... And..." He cut me off with his laughing. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"Isabel, you could not be more far off if you tried!"

"What are you talking about?"

"The 'dessert' that I was referring to was the chocolate cake on the counter." He pointed to the kitchen. I looked back and started laughing. I turned back to look at him, saw him laughing, and dropped my head into my hands. I couldn't stop laughing at the misinterpretation. I should've known! He loves food!

"How could I be so stupid?" I mumbled into my hands. Tears are forming in my eyes from laughing so hard.

Niall pulled my hands from my face. "No one ever said you were stupid. You misinterpreted what I was saying. But, then again, maybe you didn't." He winked, again.

"Well, which is it?"

"Mostly the cake... But, it's a rarity to come across such a beautiful girl, such as yourself. But, I do agree, we should get to know each other better. Tell me about you. I want to know Isabel." He smiled and propped his head up with his hands.

"Well... My name is Isabel Marie Hanson. I was born on October 31, 1993. I'm an only child on my mom's side but I'm the middle child on my dad's... If that makes sense. See, my dad was married before my mom. His son, Justin, was five when they got a divorce. He married my mom when Justin was eight and they had me two years later. My mom hadn't been married before that. Then, they got a divorce when I turned five. Something with the number five clicks with my dad, I don't know. He's now married, again, and has another child, Lilly, who's thirteen and Justin's thirty-three."

"Who do you live with, then?" He looked sort of confused.

"My mom."

"Where is she?"

"On a cruise for business. I was supposed to go with her."

"Why didn't you?"

"I go to college part time and when I'm not at school, I have work."

"What do you do?"

"I'm a party planner. Mostly for receptions, birthdays, and baby showers."

"Where do you work? I mean, like where's the office and whose company?"

"I own my own business. I work privately out of my room and I do under the table pay."

"Wait! You're 19 and you own your own business?!"

"You got it!"

"I can't even match my clothes without help! How the hell do you run your own business and go to school on top of that?!"

"I took an organization class all throughout high school and learned how to ration out my time. I have classes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 7 to 12 and then I come home and work on all of the party planning until 5."

"How do you ration it all out? Do you ever sleep?"

"I wake up at 5:30 every morning and go for a run. Then I come home, shower, and get ready for my classes. And I go to sleep by 10."

"What about Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays?"

"I plan my meetings for the people I'm planning parties for on Tuesday and Friday mornings. Everyone usually likes to plan everything for the weekends."