Socially scarred?

Mia :) (Brit Robertson)

{Nathalie}

I hopped off my mom's car. A strawberry pop tart in my left hand while my right hand ruffled my bone straight hair.

Which may I add took me a whole hour to come out this way.

I walked into the double doors, instantly getting glares and looks from people all around me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion... Wasn't I invisible just yesterday? I thought to myself and sighed.This is the same reaction I got from my old school in New York after it happened. I didn't enjoy it then, and I don't enjoy it now.

Stop living in the past, Nathalie.

I turned the corner and headed for my locker where a concerned Alex and a worried Emily practically pounced on me.

"What's going on?"

"You're in trouble Nathalie," Emily whispered as if someone was listening.

I rolled my eyes "like dun, dun, dun Someone's out to kill me with an ax trouble, or socially scarred trouble?"

"Socially scarred" Alex butted in, her green eyes widening in fear, then in confusion "did you say ax?"

"What happened?"

"People are starting to think it's your fault that Jaden hasn't been hanging out with his 'cool crew' lately." Em chimed in chewing the tip of her amber hair "most of them are jealous"

Then out of nowhere, right on cue, two girls approached us, the one at the left staring murderously at me.

If looks could kill.....

The girl twisted her head around to her friend. "THIS is the girl?" She scoffed scanning me from head to toe.

I frowned looking myself over. I wore a short flowery sundress just over my thigh. A silver anklet and white VANS. What's wrong with what I'm wearing? I thought it looked good for something I picked in under 10 minutes.

"Problem?" I asked glaring her down.

"Yes, you." She flipped her blond hair before glaring back.
"Stay away from Jaden, you're ruining his image." She whispered. Sending shivers down my spine then walked by me like we never encountered.

I sighed getting a few books in my locker, waved goodbye to the pair, and began walking to Mr. Rind's before I could be bombarded with questions.

*****************+***************
"Hey" I slumped into the empty chair next to Alex, not even bothering to buy lunch.

"Bad day?"

"You have no idea."
All-day today I was receiving glares. I just wanted to yell "Jaden and I are just friends!" In the middle of the hallways.

Can I help that I got paired up with him in science? These people need to get their snobby heads on straight.

The fact that Jaden was totally oblivious to what was happening made me even angrier.

As if everything was planned out today, Jaden slipped next to me.

"What's up?" He asked cheerfully like it was natural for him not to be sitting across the room.

I sighed and looked at him. " What are you doing?"

"Sitting down"

"Why here?"

He pouted"I can't sit here?"

I gazed at his bottom lip that stuck out dramatically and shook my head. Why did I care what people think?

"Forget it."

I twisted in my chair and nodded over to the girl from this morning. "Who's she?"

"Mia. She's a close friend" Jaden responded, dipping a french fry in ketchup.
A close friend threatened me. Amazing.

How was I supposed to tell him that his "close friend" didn't want him anywhere near me? That she was basically a bitch?

~Pros of Con of 'Mia'~

Pro- .........

Con- Well, you know.

Pro-there isn't a pro to being a bitch.

Jaden looked me over, studying my face. I never really mastered the art of hiding stuff. One of my major flaws.

"Is something wrong?"

I bit the inside of my cheek anxiously. "We actually met today."

He frowned "You don't sound too happy about it."

"Well, it wasn't exactly a happy meet and greet." I paused. "She told me to stay away from you."

Jaden seemed to freeze once the words came out of my mouth. Whoa.

"Are you okay?" I ask cautiously nudging him.

"Fine, just fine." And with that he got up, walking to the double doors.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

A/N- Edited! :)