Hope dies

Nathalie -

We stayed there for a while, a long while. I didn't want to talk, or confirm anything to Jaden and he didn't ask.

After a while, I had gotten up and began walking towards home.

"Where are you going?" Jaden asked then.

"Home."

He picked his pace "I'm coming along."

"No." I begged finally turning to face him.

"Nathalie, I'm sick and tired of you pushing me away." Looking around the vacant park, he took my hand and led me out the fences, away from his, our friends.

We walked towards my house, with our hands in twinned and silence between us.

Everything was weird and out of shape.

I turned my body to face Jaden's on the bed. after arguing for a long time I had let him stay.

He was on his phone busy typing, when I grabbed it just to check what he was doing.

"Fun run, really?" I say snorting at his high score. "your high score isn't even that high."

3,457,684 thats not high right?

"So you finally talk, and the first words to come out of your mouth are insults." He smirks, rolling his eyes,"can you do better?"

"Actually I can."

"Okay, go."

"I said I can, not that I would. I'm not in the mood for games."

He sighed, taking his phone from my hands. "are you going to tell me what's wrong now?"

I shook my head, he's been asking for the past 2 hours "I cant tell you. not now."

"Fine."he responds while I get up. "nice ass."

I roll my eyes " Its not time for that either."

When I get downstairs, I open the fridge and take out milk.

"Hey Sammy." I mutter at the young boy, who's scribbling away on his coloring book.

"Hey Nath, Is Jadeen here?"

"You mean Jaden?" Thats new "yep, he's upstairs."

"Okay." He says, getting up from the shorten stool.

"Wait where are you going?"

"Upstairs to say hi,"

My little brother has a better relationship with my crush then me.

Sighing , I say "fine, but dont say anything about dad."

"My lips are sealed." he smiles a toothy grin, two of those teeth missing.

-J-

"Hi!" a small voice says and I raise my head in surprise.

"Hey Sam."

"Why are you here?" hey says sweetly, sitting at the foot of the bed.

I chuckle at his choice words, giving him a small smile "You don't want me here?"

"No!... I do want you here. I think."

"Why do you sound uncertain?"

"Because everyone's sad."

"You dont look sad."

"Thats only cuz I act happy." he says wisely and I think about his words, if a little boy could conclude to words like that something must be going on.