Anything you need.

N-

Taking a deep breath and releasing my eyes open I whispered "What are we going to do?"

My mom looked as tired as ever, her bright eyes were painted in gloom as she fiddled with the wheel "I don't know,baby. It's not something that cant be cured but it takes a while."

Not once has anybody mention the words 'heart disease' not even Samuel who has the biggest mouth of a 7 year old.

We all knew.

Yesterday when I first saw a peak of my dad lying in bed with the color slowly fading from his face I wondered if our relationship could've been any better. It would have taken both of us to have a father-daughter bond, and I wouldn't be the first one to try.

"Do we have to move again?"

She was quiet for moment until the car stopped at the sign and she sighed. "Maybe...probably."

It was silent as she drove, parking near the school's ground. "Have a good day."

I wont.

-

"Nathalie? are you alright?" Jaden said when I took my seat next to him in Earth Science.

"I'm fine." I took out my notebook and started scribbling my heading out, unlike my usual can-read handwriting.

"Is it about what happened on Saturday? I'm sorry but it really isn't that easy. my family knows hers' and I dont want to ruin the fact that we've been friends since forever." He followed my actions, scribbling words in his book.

"I'm over it Jaden.I have bigger problems."

"Like what?"

I ignore him a little harsh maybe, but I don't care ... my mouth doesn't feel like processing words, I don't feel like talking.

"Fine. We're going out after school, come if you'd like." He says with a huff and I avoid the pang in my chest.I can be mean to him. But he cant be mean to me. It wont work out.

When the bell rings I grab my backpack and pen and head out the door, not bothering to wait for the due date of the project that we've already done.

I storm through the hall ways and all my anger builds up on the floor as I walk to my lockers. "whoa, whoa! Calm down a little will ya?"

Mia.

"What do you want?" She has the best timing honestly, always making my day worst at just the right time.

"I just wanted to tell you how much fun it was on Friday!" Where are her bobble heads?

"Especially the part with Jaden... I'm thinking that he's over you."

"He's not." My mouth blurts, too fast for my mind to process.

"Really?"

"Yes really. Get over it."

"Thats weird. At dinner the other day, I could have sworn he said nothing will ever happen between you two. was I mistaken?"

"I guess you were."

I turn on my heels and continue the other way down the hall. I don't care how heavy my bag is.

I walk into the Library, planting myself at the far end and taking the ham sandwich I made this morning to avoid lunch. I munch slowly and Look around the large area. This is the first time I've been to the school's library and the silence is beautiful, almost putting me at peace. But then I remember why I'm here in the first place and I get even angrier. I'm here because of friends. My friends. I want to go back to the first day of school, slap and remind myself about my own rule. No friends.