We Dont have

Jaden•

Once I saw her. I knew something was wrong. It wasn't her facade appearance that caught my attention, but the feeling that something wasn't right-as cliche as that sounds.

"No.I'm not fine." she says, surprising me.

Whenever something was wrong she'd give me the firm "I'm fine" that every girl says when they want someone to buzz off. I've learned from my mother.

She let her shoulders down and began slumping.

She chews on her bottom lip, and I tried not to stare because frankly it wasn't the time to think boyishly.

"Do you want to tell me?" I hesitantly ask.

"Yeah.... you'll find out soon enough-if I don't tell you."

My mind raced for a second, wondering what in the world she's been hiding. she seemed off since the last few weeks and I had Samuel's reassurance that something was indeed wrong, even if she wouldn't admit it.

"Uh.. I'm moving back to New York."

That next second my heart stopped completely. New york?

"New york?"

She nodded, confirming what she had said before, "Yeah"

"What? why?"

"Long story... and I'm gonna explain it."

I took off my jacket and laid it on the booth, getting as comfortable as i could.

"So. I'll start from the beginning; when I lived in New york...... So 7th grade to 9th grade I liked this guy, Jeremy he was popular, and I was just the girl who's there and had a even amount of friends. So one day my friend decided to pull the tell him card, but I wouldn't do it, he was popular and I was nobody, why would he like me?

"She ended up telling him herself, and he stated that he liked me too, but We barely even talked, and he never even gave me any attention, but I was happy to hear that, I mean you like a guy for three years and he states that he likes you back, anyone would've been happy right? So he asks me out, and of course I say yes, we dated for two months, and we shared secrets, and I told him that the only reason I was so tough and hard was because I didn't want to go through heart break when I left New York, because I knew that my dad would get another offer and he'd take it, I also told him about my self harm and anxiety, which I had a lot of."

Self harm? I think to myself, quickly grabbing her right hand and turning her wrist, looking closely you could see light lines across her inner wrist.

"I'm clean, now" she continued, " anyways we dated but at the end of the second month he started acting around other girls the way he should act with me, but again he gave me barely any attention. So I stated that we were breaking up, and he got furious, he said that I couldn't break up with him, he's the one that decides when we break up, which was the stupidest thing I've ever heard honestly, so I walked away. The next day everyone knew about my self harm, and instead of comforting me like they should've they shunned me , even my so called friends,

" You have no idea how happy I was when my dad announced moving here, This was a fresh start, with harder walls to be broken and defiantly no friends, or boys. But here I am now with enough friends to last me a couple of years, and explaining my past to you."

I took her hand, comforting her slightly, I didn't have to know the bastard to hate him, because I did, with a strong passion. "why are you moving back then? does your dad have another job offer back there?"