Part of a game

Nathalie-

I was currently banging my head on our table in the cafeteria.

Why. Why me of all people? I really do not need the drama in my life but here I am, stuck in a freaking love war.

"Someone should stop her."

Hands lightly gripped the back of my pony tail and I turned to face Alex.

"Leave me to my misery." I cried.

Emily sighed "Stop being so dramatic, its not like you need to get caught up in this."

But what they didn't know is that either way I'd still be part of this.

"Unless...unless you have feelings for him!" I snapped my head back to Alex to find the widest most giddiest grin in the world.

"No. No. No. No. No. Feelings or LOVE are not part of my dictionary." I cringed at those two words, those two words were not made for me and I've already experienced them both in failure. Words like that aren't made for girls my age and I've already proved it. I will NOT go through it again.

"I didn't say anything about 'love' Nath, " she replied with infamous air quotes. "Feelings dont usually mean the total package, y'know. But the fact that you even thought about it means its true! Its true! Its true! Its so true!"

I may like him, in boy-girl term, but my possibilities are not enough to admit it to any one, never less go head to head with a blonde bimbo.

"I don't. We may have ALMOST kiss, but we were just in the moment." If I can convince it to them, I can convince it to myself.

"You almost what?!" Emily screeched right in my ear.

Maybe I should have explained.. "It was nothing really."

I turned my head back to Alex once the scoff escaped her lips. I'm having severe whiplash between the two...

"If it was nothing then I guess Mia sitting on Jaden's lap wouldn't matter."

This time I turned my head fully around degrees and to my amusement Alex wasn't lying. Mia was seated on Jaden, her legs crossed and was laughing at something one of her followers had said. But what really got me up from my seat and halfway across the room was how Jaden's hands were wrapped around her waist as if it belonged there.

"Hey Jaden!"

I watched as Mia roll her own eyes before displaying her own smile.

"Hey Nath." Jaden replied awkwardly. He should feel awkward. And scared. But mostly awkward.

I resisted the urge laugh ."Uh huh. So what time are you picking me up again?"

"Picking you up?"

"Yeah, for our date tonight." My eyes bored into his, pleading that he'd play along.

"Uh..7:00?" He questioned.

"Yep, thats about right." I smiled once again around the table, receiving confused stares before turning and walking back to my table.

➖Pros and Cons of what I just got into➖

•Pro• I got the satisfaction of seeing Mia's face change from smug to surprise to hatred in a few seconds (which is always enough).

•Con• I have no idea why I just did that, how am I going to continue this, or how I'm going to avoid the awkwardness tonight.

"What did you just do?" Emily whisper-yelled in my direction.

"I don't even know."

..........

I hummed beneath my breath as I tucked books into my locker.

"Hey,"

."Hey,Jay."

"Uh so, are you coming over to my house to finish the project?" He mumbled ,"Its due next week."

I turned around,placing my hand over my chest in mock hurt. "Did you forget about our date ALREADY?"

His eyes widen. "No, no. It's just that I didn't think you meant it."

"Ah, you didnt want to continue what almost happened this morning, I understand," I laughed as he flushed. "I'm just kidding. I cant believe I make the Jaden Smith nervous."

"Trust me, you dont." He replied.

"I know." I smile, "What happened this morning didn't mean anything, we were just caught up in the moment."

It was probably a mistake on his side so The feeling should be mutual.

"Yeah..right" Jaden muttered before walking past me.

I closed my locker shut and ran over to him. "Are you alright?"

He nodded wordlessly.

"You're kinda my ride."

Again he nodded. I bit the inside of my cheeks because now, I felt guilty. As if his quietness was my fault. But it couldn't be..

A/N: Edited